Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@SharkE  Google "cheek biting" at Huffington Post.  An article that might interest you.

yeah, I checked up on the problem online and a lot said "anxiety" LOL

Not a cheek biter or outer lip biter, my problem is just when I eat and chew. Bet my jaw and teeth placement is changing I'm 65 and bottom teeth are leaning a tad, got plenty of room to move don't know why they have to try to overlap. Don't have any back teeth in the back on 1 side and a crown on the other side as the last tooth on that side.

I'm gonna look at the stores Mon. 

Best thing for mouth care is Biotene I use that for cold sores, mouth irritations of any kind. Couldn't live without it. Peroxide, is what it is.

Honored Contributor

When husband retires I will go legally insane and bite everything and everybody hahahahhaha then I know it will be "anxiety" ROFL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

just when I try to eat. I think in my 'old' age my bottom teeth are shifting.

something is different. Guess I can lose wgt hahahahaha drink lot of milkshakes.

Funny that you mention losing weight.    When I find myself accidentially biting the inside of my cheek it's the first sign I've put on some pounds.   Seriously.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

just when I try to eat. I think in my 'old' age my bottom teeth are shifting.

something is different. Guess I can lose wgt hahahahaha drink lot of milkshakes.

Funny that you mention losing weight.    When I find myself accidentially biting the inside of my cheek it's the first sign I've put on some pounds.   Seriously.

Maybe that's my problem!  lol!  I bite my bottom inner lip a lot.  I've tried to figure out what causes it, and I'm not sure.  At first I thought it had something to do with a dry mouth.  It happens very quickly when I'm chewing food.  I worry about injuring that same spot over and over.  Then months will go by when I don't bite the lip at all and I forget about it.  My one bottom tooth is crooked and after reading some of these comments, I think that may be my problem.  I've never mentioned it to my dentist because it doesn't happen on a regular basis, but I'm going to mention it at my next checkup.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a mouth guard today at Target, but, can't figure how to use it when trying to eat LOL

I looked like Hannibal Lector hahahahahhaha just have to eat real slow till I can get to my appt.

mouth guards are for teeth grinders at night, not gonna help me