Honored Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

I do not advise going off the lipitor unless you discuss it with your doctor, If you are staying on it please start taking Co Q10 . The lipitor sucks all the co q 10 from your system . Our bodies make co q 10 but the older we get the less it makes and Lipitor just usurps the rest contributing to the imbalance of muscle producing energy. It can cause weakness and memory problems . If you do go off the lipitor please considertaking reservatrol and pumkin seed oil . Reservatrol will help keep your cholesterol low, And pumpkin seed oil will also help . Pumpkin seed oil helps lower inflammation in the body and lowers and equalizes blood sugar. Reservatrol helps regulate blood sugar aaalso . I have normal cholesterol . I do not take statins, I have a weight problem and my cholesterol is low . I also have an aarrythmia . I take pumkinseed oil and reservatrol everyday and have for years.I have R.A. ,and several auto immune diseases. I am in my late 60's. I also take coQ10

.If you have bleeding problems [ulcers] or are on blood thinners ask your doctor if it is okay,

cathy from ma

Thank you for your most informative post @twinkies.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Your regrets are shared by all of us with cronic illnesses. Let those regrets go; they serve no purpose and drain you of more energy! I'm learning to not worry about anything and enjoy life. It's a strange learning curve, but so rewarding when finally rid of the worry baggage. Delighted to hear your daughter has been approved for Disability! Your family has much to be happy about. Keep us posted on your new bridge, too! Blessings.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dental quandary

[ Edited ]

@LilacTreeFor which health issue? The major issues are epilepsy (since birth), anxiety, diabetes, RA and lupus. Will be happy to share.

However, I'm leaving for a family wedding in FL tomorrow morning and may not check these Forums until I return in June. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LilacTreeFor which health issue? The major issues are epilepsy (since birth), anxiety, diabetes, RA and lupus. Will be happy to share.

However, I'm leaving for a family wedding in FL tomorrow morning and may not check these Forums until I return in June. 

@BirkiLady

I have RA and anxiety out of those you mentioned.  My, you sure have your share!  I have other issues that you don't mention.  However, I was mainly asking about RA meds.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Did your daughters pay for this @LilacTree? Because if they didn't then they should keep their opinions to themselves. Mom is supposed to not be able to chew??? Unless I am misreading this, you go girl and continue with the work. 

I also doubt the the dentist would reimburse you. 

@Trinity11

No, they did not.  And I'm sure they are just thinking of me, not themselves.  It is not enough money to make any difference in their inheritance.

I guess I don't get it because your health would be affected by this. Not being able to chew? How is that thinking of you?

@Trinity11

As I said, Trin, they all have good teeth, so they don't realize the issue of not being able to chew.  And of course, my risk of infection is high and that is always my first thought.  As I said, they mean well. 

@LilacTree I am sorry but they are all old enough to understand that RA or any chronic disease you need dental care. They are aware of your issues with eating? Ever since you posted about spending the day sick on the bathroom floor alone, I have been worried about you.

So they are annoyed you financed this?

@Trinity11

Seriously, Trin, I have always been "Mighty Mom" to them.  I raised the four of them alone from when the youngest was three and the oldest was seven.  I worked full time and led a very busy life.  I always took care of myself and them . . . there was never anyone else there funding me.

So that's gone now.  I am 80 and have autoimmune diseases and sure am not "Mighty Mom" anymore.  I think they have trouble accepting that even though I have.

They are not annoyed, but I think they are worried that I will run out of money.  I don't have an acceptable "cushion" anymore and there are a lot of reasons for that.  But I am still self supporting.

@LilacTree...I thought you posted last year that you had a long term care policy and that your daughters were able to be paid for caring for you instead of in home care? They could always just give you back anything they are getting paid to help you out with your dental care. How can they worry that you will run out of money when you have your daughter living with you? Isn't she helping you with the rent on your apartment? I guess I am not seeing why they would think you would become destitute if you still get Social Security.

I hope this works out for you. It really is terrible that you are being told by your own children not to have dental work....dental work that is mandatory for your health. We all need to be able to chew our food.

@Trinity11

I was informed a few weeks ago that my long term care benefits will end in seven years (2025).  So if I do make it that far, I will no longer be able to support myself.  My SS will not be enough and that's all I will have.  So my life will change again and I'm afraid to think about what alternatives there will be for me.  I've never been reliant on others.  My beloved sister died seven years ago and I know how fast that goes because it seems like yesterday.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Dear @LilacTree

I had seen your screen name flash by about a hour ago and wanted to tell you, with a Heart ~ hello.

I believe I have read the entire topic so will not bother you -It may be Too late (your time)?

I intended to chime in but not without your okay. 

Sending you a huge hug with loving concern, always.

"just me, NAES"  

Respected Contributor

Yes, you still may some good years left and you can bad complications to your health not being able to chew correctly , so if you can afford it get it done. It may be also a way to avoid choaking.

Respected Contributor

I agree !! I really got a good laugh the way you found a way to write that last part !!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Don't let anyone ever let you believe your life is over, so what does it matter. Wrong o" to them !! Heart

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

Dear @LilacTree

I had seen your screen name flash by about a hour ago and wanted to tell you, with a Heart ~ hello.

I believe I have read the entire topic so will not bother you -It may be Too late (your time)?

I intended to chime in but not without your okay. 

Sending you a huge hug with loving concern, always.

"just me, NAES"  

@NAES1

I have made my decision to go ahead and finish the procedure.  But I always enjoy hearing from you, NAES. 

Formerly Ford1224