Honored Contributor

What does your dentist charge for a normal dental cleaning... not including the vist with all the Xrays and such... just a cleaning vist.

My dentist  charges $70. 

Honored Contributor

Senior rate with a 15% discount:  $111.00.  

Valued Contributor

I have no dental insurance, but my dentist offers a 1 year plan two cleanings, check ups and X-rays twice a year for $200.  Any additional work is done at 30% off.

Honored Contributor

I don't have dental coverage, I pay about $195 for a cleaning and $240+ for an exam and x-rays. I go twice a year for a cleaning, the hygienist said to me last visit I should get a cleaning every 4 months! At these rates I can't afford to go 3 times a year, I told her every 6 months is good enough.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dental cleaning costs

[ Edited ]

@Terrywu wrote:

I have no dental insurance, but my dentist offers a 1 year plan two cleanings, check ups and X-rays twice a year for $200.  Any additional work is done at 30% off.

@Terrywu 

I need your dentist.  Mine charges same price for those with insurance.  My bill is always over $200.  I get an x-ray (which I don't think is very good according to my oral surgeon) and a consult with the dentist which is done while standing over/interpreting the x-rays.

My brother who is a dentist says that dentists in his area give discounts to those who do not have insurance.  I think that program you have might be what he is alluding, making some kind of program for them.  My brother no longer practices and if he did, it is more than 1000 miles for me to use his services.  He was sort of appalled that the dentist did not give me a discount since they were colleagues.  He says that most dentists do that as a professional courtesy to families of their peers even if they are not acquainted with one another. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   If the dentist looks at my teeth after the cleaning, over $200, if not, about $175, but there is a new dentist now since I was last there in 2019.  I will be going this year.  I know the rates have risen due to covid.

Honored Contributor

Simple cleaning $75.

Honored Contributor

Last time I got my teeth cleaned it cost $250. No xrays just a cleaning.

Esteemed Contributor

My dental office bills my insurance $85 for a cleaning only.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dental cleaning costs

[ Edited ]

I got my dental cleaning two weeks ago and with my 5% cash payment discount I still paid $256.00.  They warned me six months ago this would be the visit I would have not the regular bite x-rays but this thing that turns all around your head.   I even had to take out my earrings.  Thank goodness that is only every once in awhile because I have no dental ins. either.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."