Respected Contributor

Niece had the same thing happen last week and called her dentist and he gave her the option of a root canal or pull it.  It was in the very back and she told him to pull it, stopped by at 830 am and then went off to work.  

Contributor

OM Goodness, same thing with my tooth, but I know I will need a crown ( tooth in front of bottom left molar cracked in 3 pieces, & a piece of tooth next to inside gum still in tact....my punishment for eating a peanut butter cookie I suppose. My dentist is closed until the 20th, I called & left message to be put on a call back list after they open. But, I will wait a while, as long as there's no pain, but just an eating & tongue adjustment with remaining tooth..no problem for now. I'm waiting........ good luck

Valued Contributor

Re: Dental Work

[ Edited ]

I've decided to call my dentist and make an appointment for the Wednesday after she is going to open the office.  I won't go in on a Monday or Tuesday because she requires a 48 hour cancellation and if by chance I get sick over the weekend I can't give the 48hr cancellation notice.  She will charge for a cancellation if not given enough notice.  My daughter was sick and still went in cause she didn't want to be charged.  The dentist only has one patient in a chair at a time and not 2 or 3 so if you cancel last minute she has no patient.  It's nice cause I can get out sooner but with IB it's hard sometimes.  I appreciate that she has always gotten me in fast when I've broken a tooth or had an infection in one. I may need a crown and to be honest I'm tired of dental work.  Hoping it can be filled and if not then not sure which way I'll go.  I know if it required a root canal and then a crown I would rather get it pulled and get an implant and crown.  I have two implants and very happy with them.

Trusted Contributor
My husband got temporary crown right before and hoping it last
Respected Contributor

I have a check and cleaning scheduled for the middle of next month and not sure whether to cancel!