Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I do not want to hijack the thread but I was told by my eye doctor I had blepharitis.....my eyes are bloodshot, and are some times overly watery, my nose runs all the time, because my eyes are wattery.

According to my eye doctor the lower lashline  gets clogged, which in turn irritates my eyes.  I always feel like I look sick since my eyes are almost always bloodshot.

He gave me an eye wash to use - which really does not do a lot of good....Maybe I should see a dermatologist....

@Mom2Dogs I'm sorry you are having some of the same things I have had.  I also thought I looked sick as my lids were thick, crunchy and uncomfortable.  My eye doctor did nothing for me!  

I use the wipes mentioned but then had to use vasiline because they were so sore.  If you have deomdex, vasiline is also supposed to help.  

Again I found a spray that seems to solve any problems with the lids called AVENOVA.  It is an antimicrobial lid & lash solution for everyday use.

Pure HYPOCHLOROUS Acid .01%

This used to be an RX that was over $300 per little spray bottle.  Now around $30.  I use it a few times per day with that company's tissues.

I hope this helps! 

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I do not want to hijack the thread but I was told by my eye doctor I had blepharitis.....my eyes are bloodshot, and are some times overly watery, my nose runs all the time, because my eyes are wattery.

According to my eye doctor the lower lashline  gets clogged, which in turn irritates my eyes.  I always feel like I look sick since my eyes are almost always bloodshot.

He gave me an eye wash to use - which really does not do a lot of good....Maybe I should see a dermatologist....

@Mom2Dogs I'm sorry you are having some of the same things I have had.  I also thought I looked sick as my lids were thick, crunchy and uncomfortable.  My eye doctor did nothing for me!  

I use the wipes mentioned but then had to use vasiline because they were so sore.  If you have deomdex, vasiline is also supposed to help.  

Again I found a spray that seems to solve any problems with the lids called AVENOVA.  It is an antimicrobial lid & lash solution for everyday use.

Pure HYPOCHLOROUS Acid .01%

This used to be an RX that was over $300 per little spray bottle.  Now around $30.  I use it a few times per day with that company's tissues.

I hope this helps! 

@Jackhound Mom     I think I just have blepharitis...I have never had crusty, thick eyelids.  I do use Avenova...it's OK, it was recommended by my eye doctor.  I also put eye drops in several times a day.  Nothing seems to work that well.  I need to make a derm. appointment....possibly she would have different ideas.  It's uncomfortable (probably nothing like what you are experiencing) ...eyes are always bloodshot, and feel like I have been crying all day.  In the morning I look like a sick animal...eyes are red rimmed.

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom @Hey we're all animals, I'm not put off at all. Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me 

You are welcome and please, if you feel comfortable let me know how you are doing.

Cathy