Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved water.  I prefer it over any other beverage.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Do 72oz a day, sort of on a schedule.  Usually can tell when it is time.  Go higher if needed.

Tend to do 16oz at a time.  Sometimes I ponder why I do large drinks and intermittent fasting while a friend does sips and grazing.  Wonder about a connection.

Every time I have to do the 24 hour jug test I miss moving on to jug two.  Someday....

Esteemed Contributor

@lkat wrote:

What has helped me the most is to get an insulated water bottle (I like Contigo brand).  I have it by my side all day and night and bring it with me in the car.  I like my water pretty cold and this keeps it cold for hours which makes it easier to drink. I also try to drink at least one cup of hot water with lemon each day.  Tastes good and helps keep my kidney stones at bay which is a plus!

--------------

My mother drank hot water with lemon every single day of her life!! 

Every morning...I would see that glass  - empty but with a couple of lemon remains!!

Honored Contributor

My Mom passed out a few times in her later years, took her to Er, they always said she was dehydrated. She hated to drink water. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know for sure, but I'm only thinking (as usual) that sipping water all day long is a good idea.  

(Maybe not drinking a huge amount at one time.)

I think I saw on TV somewhere, sometime that when they find dehydrated folks, they tell them to, at first, sip the water. 

Maybe similar to how, in the ER, they give an IV 'drip', little by little, so to speak. 

Well, you all know me by now..........thinking about 'this or that', no matter how correct.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I am not a big water drinker and have to remind myself to drink.

I have been drinking Herbal Chamomile tea.  This provides a good tasty option to plain water and provides health benefits.  I drink a large container of it every morning.

Regular tea with caffeine is not hydrating, but many herbal teas are.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I'm only thinking (as usual) that sipping water all day long is a good idea.  

(Maybe not drinking a huge amount at one time.)

I think I saw on TV somewhere, sometime that when they find dehydrated folks, they tell them to, at first, sip the water. 

Maybe similar to how, in the ER, they give an IV 'drip', little by little, so to speak. 

Well, you all know me by now..........thinking about 'this or that', no matter how correct.  

@ROMARY 

I agree. For me if I drink a large amount all at once then I'm in the bathroom shortly afterwards peeing. If I drink just about a 1/2 cup, which is about four gulps for me, that seems to stay in me longer. I drink 1/2 cup every hour during my 12-hour day but that is only 6 cups so the other 2 cups comes from other beverages and some food items I consume during my day. 

Trusted Contributor

I love water and it's all I drink, instead of some milk in cereal in the morning.   Don't like soda, tea or coffee.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  You are one smart lady, i learn so much from your posts.Woman Happy

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Oh thank you @goldensrbest . That was very kind of you to say that and it uplifted my spirits today. Woman HappyHeart