Honored Contributor

Dehumidifiers recalled due to fire risk. 2 mil+ recalled, multiple brands, major retailers

[ Edited ]

Over 2 million dehumidifiers are being recalled. Major brand names are included and the products were sold at major retailers. They can overheat and can catch fire or burn people. If you look at the page, don't just look at the first brand name, look down on the page to see which brands and models are included. I know this is the time of year when people are running these units. Hope There's no problem for anyone. 

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2021/Two-Million-Dehumidifiers-With-Well-Known-Brand-Names-Recalled-Due...

Honored Contributor

Re: Dehumidifiers recalled due to fire risk. 2 mil+ recalled, multiple brands, major retailers

A few years ago, I purchased a dehumidifier from Amazon.  Yesterday, I received an e-mail from them telling me my model is being recalled.

They included instructions for a refund.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dehumidifiers recalled due to fire risk. 2 mil+ recalled, multiple brands, major retailers

You might as well check to see if your unit is on the list. You may be able to get a new one!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D @Thanks for posting this.  Will check my Danby out.  LM