Valued Contributor

Hi everyone.  Almost finished the week.  This hasn't been hard at all.  It's very doable.

Happy to say that some of the packets of food do "expand" a little after microwaving, lol. 

So, there is stuff you have to do to trick your mind into thinking you are getting more than you are, but that is for all diets I think.  For example, I cut the bars into eight pieces and eat sloooowly.  Totally supplement the entrees with salad and veggies.  Been eating lots of zucchini and squash which I love.  Hard boiled egg w/ bar for breakfast.  Cup of chicken broth here and there and in between, I love the Better than Broth brand. 

About the taste.  It's hit or miss.  Love the red sauce Italian type stuff.  Well, "love" is to strong a word, let's just say I like very much, the red sauce Italian type stuff.  The macaroni and cheese with sausage.  Eh.  I can't say with certainty those pellets was sausage.  And I'm afraid of the tuna packet.  The bean chili was.....not too bad.  The soup was good. The best category is snacks.  They really are good and the chocolate covered pretz. are delicious

So to sum up, it's okay.  You can do a Nutrisystem type diet with Lean Cuisine and light and lowfat versions of your favorite foods.  Altho, NS is lower in calories than the other brand stuff.  I'm in school so I do like that I don't have to think so hard about what I'm going to eat on my diet and I think that's part of the success story of Nutrisystem.  I will buy another box, Walmart has three different boxes of different stuff.  And I might try the frozen ala cart meals Worldtraveler mentioned. 

Best of all was your encouragement and I thank you all for that.Heart 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@Northray Good to read your report. If you feel like it, let us know how much you have lost.

The ala carte frozen food from the NutriSystem website is 1/2 price to Memorial Day. I will probably go back and order some of the things I didn't get the first time around. Wonder if the frozen food area of Walmart carries some of these. Hmmmm.....will check.

The red velvet cupcake was awesome!

I didn't know there were three different kinds of weekly product boxes at Walmart. All I saw was one. Maybe they were out of the other two or, possibly because I didn't know there were different choices, I wasn't looking that hard. I'll check better next time.

Keep it up! Heart

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Northray Good to read your report. If you feel like it, let us know how much you have lost.

The ala carte frozen food from the NutriSystem website is 1/2 price to Memorial Day. I will probably go back and order some of the things I didn't get the first time around. Wonder if the frozen food area of Walmart carries some of these. Hmmmm.....will check.

The red velvet cupcake was awesome!

I didn't know there were three different kinds of weekly product boxes at Walmart. All I saw was one. Maybe they were out of the other two or, possibly because I didn't know there were different choices, I wasn't looking that hard. I'll check better next time.

Keep it up! Heart

Hey World Traveler!  Totally forgot to add how much I've lost.  So far I've lost 4lbs., in 4 days, pretty sweet right? 

So yeah, there are like three different boxes at my Wallmart.  One looks like it's all shakes and bars.  But the other two are food.  

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

Ronnyray,  congrats on actually starting and sticking to your diet plan!!

I was thinking so many times to try it being tempted for not cooking..... but I cannot bring myself to start eating prepared meals, all those preservatives, funky ingredients ( you mentioned sausage looking strange) . 

So I started just eating light, cut my wine to 0 ( very sad.... ) I just need to loose a lousy 10-12 lbs before my  trip to Portugal next month. My menopausal body fights me back sooo much!

Let us know the results! Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Northray  Hooray! A pound a day is awesome! You go! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor
@Northray...........great job. I am getting really good results from Nutrisystem. It has really helped me get back on track. I add a lot of spices, fruits, vegetables, some cheeses. I do make the food taste good. I have order several of the big boxes (month of meals) from QVC and HSN. The sodium is in range of a persons daily allowance. If you stick with it you will see amazing results. I put the protein bars and cookies in the microwave for a few seconds, just for a change. I break up the cookies and put them in some yogurt. I found great ideas on Pinterest. For pasta replacement I buy the zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash. Good luck! 🥰❤️
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty Oh, the idea of putting the cookies and protein bars in the microwave sounds like a great idea; however, I would probably be tempted to put a scoop of ice cream alongside it on the plate. Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
@World Traveler .........One little scoop won’t hurt! Remember everything in moderation doesn’t hurt. Never ever put a food on your “DO NOT EAT LIST!” unless it’s a trigger that will start you to over eat. Then be careful. We’re here to help each other. Post your suggestions that help you. 🙋🏻🥰❤️💐🍽
Honored Contributor

Glad to hear that you are doing so well.

I liked being on NurtiSystem because it was so easy. I would take a package to work for lunch and didn't have to worry about what to eat for lunch. 

Also the main office is close by to my house. I often kicked around the idea of applying for a job there.

Keep up the good work.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
@World Traveler .........One little scoop won’t hurt! Remember everything in moderation doesn’t hurt. 

@Naturesbeauty I definitely like your words of wisdom! Smiley LOL Of course, what is little to me may be different from little to you. I LOVE ICE CREAM (mainly chocolate!). LOL!