Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daughter is having surgery to remove suspicious growth in breast.

@DrakesMomma wrote:

I am sending good thoughts and prayers for your family. 

Just to offer a different perspective - leading up to what became my cancer diagnosis (not meaning your daughter will be diagnosed with cancer) it was much easier to talk to people that I didn't know about what was happening. Talking to someone that knew me somehow made it really real.  That scared me.  Perhaps she wanted to let you know but couldn't say it out loud to you.    

@DrakesMomma 

Really sorry for your cancer diagnosis and hoping and praying that you will be clear for life. XXX

I believe there's lots of truth in what you said.  Plus, my daughter was diagnosed as a teen as being a "highly sensitive" person.  This means that it's challenging for her brain to process all external stimuli at once.  She told me yesterday via text (she never calls me) that she's in knots about this surgery, though her just told her it looks like a papilloma.  Am encouraging her to grasp onto that positive thought. 

I'm one of these people who figures "it is what it is" and all amount of fretting is not going to changing things, but am there for support for sure.  We just need to see the path report at this point.  Her "Tribe" will gush and gush all over her.

In the meantime, I'm up for an MRI to determine whether I have a brain tumor or aneurysm in my right parietal lobe, hopefully next week.

Life challenges for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Well, add me to the prayer chain here.  I will most definitely pray for your daughter Dana. If a less than desirable diagnosis results, and we are all praying that it does not, please encourage your daughter to get a 2nd opinion to ensure the diagnosis is indeed correct.  Mix-ups and misdiagnoses do happen, even if they are not common.

@Jersey Born 

Thank you SO much for mentioning second opinion!!!

Usually I'm on top of this, but I'm going in for an MRI to rule out brain tumor and aneurysm next week, so am distracted.  My professional experience is such that this should have popped out right away, but clearly I'm distracted these last few days.  Thanks, again, so very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative , too many things going on in your life at the same time.  Dig deep for the strength to support your daughter.  It is a scary prospect for her to be sure.  Even though I know you have the wisdom that comes with age, it is surely difficult for you when you have your own battle going on.  A lot of people have your back here and you know the prayer list is long from those who post and those who don't post but will pray anyway.  God bless.  LM

Frequent Contributor

Several years ago, my daughter also had a breast issue when she was beginning her first year of college.  Fortunately it was a benign tumor which was removed without any further problems.  She has since had two beautiful children and breastfed them both for 15 months each. 

I hope whatever your daughter has is benign.  She is beautiful and so is your granddaughter.

Respected Contributor

Good heavens you have a lot on your plate right now @sfnative .  I will pray for good news for you, too!

Regular Contributor

Will pray for your daughter, and for you too.  It is disturbing to hear that something must be investigated further,  That is difficult for some to share.  May you both experience peace and calm as you wait for answers.

Valued Contributor

@sfnative  Prayers for you and your daughter. What a beautiful family you have; lovely photo.

Honored Contributor

What a lovely family picture.  What a sweet precious baby.

I will be praying for your daughter and also for you. Most things turn out better than we think and in today's world treatments for just about everything has become so advanced.  God bless you all.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for your daughter and others on this forum.  I need prayers, please.  Bad test results "out of the blue."

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Prayers for your daughter and others on this forum.  I need prayers, please.  Bad test results "out of the blue."

Oh my goodness, @Daysdee , I immediately prayed for you—for whatever you’re going through!