Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Chocolate, Not So Healthy

[ Edited ]

We buy Tr Joe and ChocoLove dark chocolates, and eat them minimally, not going to stop. Tr Joe is made of Belgium choc and is mfg there. 

Respected Contributor

Since the danger seems to not be in every brand, sounds like it is more how it is processed that is the problem. DH's cardiologist recommends he eats a square of at least 63% each day. DH prefers Ghirardelli or Lindst. 

Respected Contributor

DH's cardiologist told him to eat a small amount of dark chocolate once a day....I had read the darker the better, but he hates it. He has been eating Nestles dark choc chips;  a dozen each night when he is watching tv. It is not super dark and isn't mentioned in the article, since it is not a chocolate bar. He has had many of the brands listed....would have never suspected lead and cadmium being in dark chocolate. 
You can find articles saying almost anything is toxic if you look hard enough...but consumer reports is usually legit. Carrots? Nah...don't beIieve that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 

Been with my Cardiologist since the early 1980's. Not once has he told me what I should or should not eat. He knows my weight/he reads my complete blood workup/and sees the results of my Max Treadmill Test/With Pulmonary Cart. 

His interest is in my Cardiovascular system, and he knows all he needs from the aforementioned test results. Tell me to eat or not eat dark chocolate?  I will mention that to him my next visit, I am sure he will get as big a kick out of it as I did when I read this.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 .....We get that magazine and saw the dark chocolate article also.  Pretty astonishing....luckily, we haven't eaten the ones they called out.

Nice of you to post this. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Kachina624 

Ah! Consumer Reports! That's where I get all my information on my many health issues. Guess I should ditch everyone on my medical team! 

I see this as being on the coffee merry go round. Great for you today, a week later, it will knock 20 years off your life expectancy.

hckynut 🇺🇸

Yes!! And don't forget the reports on eggs--deadly or    nutritious???!!!

And don't forget about butter and cheese!!

Frequent Contributor

Welp......I'm toast. I have eaten a few squares of Lessman's ChocoNuvo daily for years now. Did wonders for my cholesterol. Anyone know if Andrew has addressed this? 

Trusted Contributor

Who paid the researcher?  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I don't know why people like dark chocolate.  It's so bitter.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Emma Bunting wrote:

Welp......I'm toast. I have eaten a few squares of Lessman's ChocoNuvo daily for years now. Did wonders for my cholesterol. Anyone know if Andrew has addressed this? 

@Emma Bunting    ...Not to worry!,,,I just placed an order for Lessman's ChocoNuvo this morning and addressed this latest development about dark chocolate with one of his very knowledgeable, well-trained professionals that handles customer service questions and orders and they assured me that  Andrew's ChocoNuvo is pure and safe...My husband and I have taken his vitamins for over  25 years now and have the utmost trust in his products 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~