Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU TAKE ANY ANTIOXIDANT SUPPLEMENTS?

@SilleeMee wrote:

My main antioxidant supp is vitamin C. Also vit D, vit B12, ubiquinol, turmeric (extract), berberine and shiitake extract.  I also take matcha everyday, about 10g of pure matcha powder mixed into my greens drink. All of those listed are antioxidants.

I always took D3 and I purchsed the Turmeric that you had discussed a week or so ago on another thread and I have to say I DO feel a difference with my arthritis. Thanks for the heads up. I took another brand last year and didn't notice any relief....

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My main antioxidant supp is vitamin C. Also vit D, vit B12, ubiquinol, turmeric (extract), berberine and shiitake extract.  I also take matcha everyday, about 10g of pure matcha powder mixed into my greens drink. All of those listed are antioxidants.

I always took D3 and I purchsed the Turmeric that you had discussed a week or so ago on another thread and I have to say I DO feel a difference with my arthritis. Thanks for the heads up. I took another brand last year and didn't notice any relief....

@Nataliesgramma 

You're welcome and that's wonderful about the turmeric working for you. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

You're welcome and that's wonderful about the turmeric working for you. Woman Happy

That Tumeric was on special on Amazon few weeks ago for $8.55, now up to $16.99, keep watching for it to go down again. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

That Tumeric was on special on Amazon few weeks ago for $8.55, now up to $16.99, keep watching for it to go down again.  I check it daily, if it goes down again to a real low price, I will post it here. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a PSI for those that it may interest.

This is not to discourage anyone from taking Turmeric. At one time I gave it a thought, but due to my Colon bleeding issues when I  discovered that Turmeric capsules were an anti-inflammatory, I nixed it.  I do not want to go through anymore Colonoscopies and blood transfusions, unless absolutely necessary.

For me it's strictly Acetaminophen or better known to many as Tylenol. Anyone that has to be watchful of anything that thins the blood, best to check with your doctor(s) before taking this route. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

@SilleeMee 

Can you tell us again which tumeric supplement you recommend?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I take this turmeric from Amazon:

Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract 100% Organic

81v0V7dksvL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

For those who take supplements how do you determine what to take?  Did your doctor recommend them or did you just decided on your own?  As I get older I think maybe I should be taking something but I feel as though I eat reasonably well and get plenty of protein, calcium, vitamin C, etc from my food.

My endocrinologist recommended a daily multivitamin (I take Centrum Silver for men) and a total of 2,000 iu of vitamin D daily. The Centrum Silver has 1,000 so I take an additional Vitamin D with another 1,000 iu daily. The Centrum Silver gives you pretty much everything you need in a day, but the extra D is also useful. Especially in winter when I'm not outdoors as much.

I most definitely do not eat "right" so the vitamin supplements are good for me, but I never feel different with or without them. My doc says take them and there's no good reason not to, so I take them. They're cheap (under $50 a year for both) so why not?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!