Super Contributor

Re: When I see my primary Doctor, DNR

@Katcat1 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I agree with all who have said that a DNR is only for those who are basically at death's door.

I, also, have to add that DNRs are automatically suspended during surgery as this is performed to save your life. Surgeons will do everything possible to save you, even resuscitation, if necessary. I found this out with my mother, who was in her 90's and having cancer surgery. I had wanted her DNR suspended and was told by the surgeon that this is automatic during surgery. 

OP blurted something out before thinking!

Now you want to make nice by giving best wishes for OP's surgery -- it's a little late for that after your "blurted something out before thinking" remark.  You arleady showed your true colors.

Did You drink your prune juice today? Just sayin......

Trusted Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

1JenniferJuniper,     It seems you have to place the blame back on someone so it's me.  You are rude and really need to grow up.

Just because you are of an advanced age does not give you the right to scold people here. Maybe YOUR maturity needs to catch up with your age.

Good one!

Trusted Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I agree with all who have said that a DNR is only for those who are basically at death's door.

I, also, have to add that DNRs are automatically suspended during surgery as this is performed to save your life. Surgeons will do everything possible to save you, even resuscitation, if necessary. I found this out with my mother, who was in her 90's and having cancer surgery. I had wanted her DNR suspended and was told by the surgeon that this is automatic during surgery. 

Now you want to make nice by giving best wishes for OP's surgery -- it's a little late for that after your "blurted something out before thinking" remark.  You arleady showed your true colors.

Did You drink your prune juice today? Just sayin......

LOL!

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Apple Crisp wrote:

Yes I did blurt out at a time I was missing my mother.

I should of never posted this at a time of wishing my mom was here, she was my rock, I just wish she was here, my mother always had words of wisdom.

We talked everyday, I am so sorry that I have caused such discord or bad feelings between everyone.

I will be more careful before I post.

Each and everyone of you have helped me!

Please know that.

I will let you know how my surgery went, might be a little while...

My hand surgeon is going to do my right hand 10 days later.

Please be kind to each other, I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Thank you for listening to me, just need my mother and was feeling sorry for myself...

take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Respected Contributor

Please, stop the ugliness.  

I think OP would appreciate kindness as she anticipates upcoming  surgery.  Please take in-fighting, if it must be done, to another thread. 

OP, ignore the bickering, please.  Good wishes are heading your way.

Super Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Apple Crisp wrote:

Yes I did blurt out at a time I was missing my mother.

I should of never posted this at a time of wishing my mom was here, she was my rock, I just wish she was here, my mother always had words of wisdom.

We talked everyday, I am so sorry that I have caused such discord or bad feelings between everyone.

I will be more careful before I post.

Each and everyone of you have helped me!

Please know that.

I will let you know how my surgery went, might be a little while...

My hand surgeon is going to do my right hand 10 days later.

Please be kind to each other, I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Thank you for listening to me, just need my mother and was feeling sorry for myself...

Dear Sunshine,
I really understand missing your mom. My mom passed away 2 years ago yesterday. There is not a second that goes by that I don't think of her. She will always be with you. You will see her again in heaven. I will be praying for you.

Jennifer

Super Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Most of you ladies are very callus in your answers.  The OP maybe meant something else but most of you tend to put her down -- shame on you.  Rather, give her support and think before you answer so uncaring.  Not everyone knows everything and neither do most of you ladies.

Apparently, You think YOU KNOW everything, You are not the board police.
She posted dangerous, inncorrect information which should be called out.

Great response. ITA

I appreciate you calling me out, I never meant to post something dangerous!

I have information on board to make the right decisions now!

Thank you all, and now I need to go drink my prune juice!

Please lets all drop this now!

I hear each and everyone of you, again I am sorry never meant any harm.

Super Contributor

Thank you! I am sorry for your lost also, its so hard.

You gave me strength saying she is always with me!

Yes we will meet again...

I also will be praying for you!

~ take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Super Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

Thank you! I am sorry for your lost also, its so hard.

You gave me strength saying she is always with me!

Yes we will meet again...

I also will be praying for you!

~ take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Thank you Sunshine Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not meaning to add fuel, so PLEASE DISREGARD IF YOU THINK MY COMMENT IS STUPID, SINCE IT MAY BE.

I have recently lost a very dear friend who was severely depressed and had a chronic illness.

The reponsible parties were aware that legal documents, including a DNR and one to withhold "extraordinary treatment".

When we friends requested that my friend be assessed for depression, the request was refused, and because of the legal issues, this was not done. 

Although our friend was LUCID AND had NO sign of any mental issues besides the severe depression and anxiety, we were not aloud to visit, and death occured within a few days.

This has startled me. PLEASE educate me about a situation such as this one.