Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: DH was bitten by a dog yesterday..

That happened in our park when a man yelled "he won't bite" just as a dog bit through my DH's blue jeans. I made him go to a walk-in clinic and they told us we had to report it, so we did call the police. In your case, the dog was on a leash and still an incident occurred.

Honored Contributor

So glad your husband is okay @sunsetbeach .  Been there in that exact situation but luckier that the dog missed.  I now walk through the woods in a lonelier location.  

Hope everyone does the right thing and moves on.  If not, I'll look forward to your Judge Judy episode.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 

Thank you. Some of those days in the hospital on different IV Antibiotics, I began to wonder. But being an optimist about everything in my life, I could slowly see a little progress here and there. Took over a year, but at my age? 1 year seems like nothing in time.

Thanks again, 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

That must have been scary for your DH.  Good thing he was able to ask for the ladies info.  I probably would have been frazzled and not asked.  Hope it all turns out alright.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@sunsetbeach 

Hope everyone does the right thing and moves on.  If not, I'll look forward to your Judge Judy episode.  Smiley Wink

@Laura14 

I'll be watching too!   =^..^=

DVR all of Judge Judy's shows.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

That must have been scary for your DH.  Good thing he was able to ask for the ladies info. 

A'hem! 

=^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A dog that bites without provocation is dangerous and should not be out walking where it can reach people or other animals.  That woman should have apologized up one side and down the other, offered to pay any medical expenses, and have her dog retrained.  Many dogs like this can be turned into gentle animals with some help.  If she doesn't do that she doesn't deserve to own this dog....not only for people's sake but for the dogs sake, too.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

A dog that bites without provocation is dangerous and should not be out walking where it can reach people or other animals.  That woman should have apologized up one side and down the other, offered to pay any medical expenses, and have her dog retrained.  Many dogs like this can be turned into gentle animals with some help.  If she doesn't do that she doesn't deserve to own this dog....not only for people's sake but for the dogs sake, too.

@jubilant 

DITTO!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think you can make a claim on her homeowners insurance for monetary damages. I did when I was bitten by a dog. Take pictures and document all treatments.

Honored Contributor

I can vouch for a cat bite hurting more.  I was carrying my cat, decades ago, over my sleeping dog, and didn't realize that she would be scared as she knows the dog and all was fine, and she bit my index finger, felt like to the bone, unbelievably painful.  I was young, and didn't do anything but let it heal.  I was also bitten by a former dog, painful, but more emotionally painful.

Once, I was walking a friend's German Shepherd and all of a sudden from across the street a black Lab came flying and bit, not deeply, the Shepherd.  I yelled at it to go home, and it left.  I was pretty shaken, and when I took the dog back and told her what had happened, she knew the man so called him.

Now, if I were bitten, I would go to ER, not young now, only at heart.