Esteemed Contributor

DH passed away this morning............

DH was fine when I left him Thursday night. He had been taken from ICU to a Progressive Care Unit, 1 step below ICU.  He was feeding himself although still confused etc.

Yesterday am when I went in his room he had an oxygen mask and rebreather on. They said we started having breathing problems about 7 a.m. and that he had thrown up at 4:30 a.m.  they were going to intubate him.  Within minutes there were 10 people in his room, one jumping on the bed and they had him on his side.

Dr. said he had a bowel blockage and when he vomited he aspirated contents into his lungs.  He was on a ventilator/lifesupport and back in ICU with a short time.  Dr. said the contents were all liquid and stomach contents are acidic.  The got out a lot but the membranes of the lungs wouldbe affected. It was over 2 cups.

Very early this am his kidneys were shutting down and he had a temp and suspected sepsis. Also because his oxygen level had gone so low for several minutes brain damage was likely.

3 doctors told us he would not survive.  DH and I both have a living will and he did not want to be hooked up to machines. They removed the ventilator and he passed away within 30 minutes.

Thanks  to all of you who took  time to post.  I am numb and exhausted.

Honored Contributor

Re: DH passed away this morning............

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I am so saddened to hear this.  Will continue to pray for you during this very difficult time.  

Trusted Contributor

My deepest condolences.  So sorry to read this.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Oh, I'm so very sorry to see your post.  I will say a prayer for your dear husband and for you.

Of course, you are numb and exhausted.  Take one minute at a time and please reach out to others for support.  

If no one is home or available for you to call or talk with, don't forget that at any time of day or night, there will be posters here on-line that you can count on.

Again I am so sorry.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent your way.

Valued Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

Oh my @CrazyKittyLvr2 I am so sorry for the sudden and unexpected loss of your dear husband.  My sympathies to you and your family.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @I am so sorry for your loss.  May his memory be a blessing.  He will always be with you. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Oh no....I am so very sorry.  That is truly heartbreaking.  There really are no words.....just know you are being held up in prayer.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

So sad for your loss.  

Holding you and your DH in the Light, and

Wishing Peace for both of you.

Please take care of yourself.

I hope you have family and friends with you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras