Regular Contributor

Re: DH passed away this morning............

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Thanks  to all of you who took  time to post.  I am numb and exhausted.

Retired Legal Secretary, my deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DH was fine when I left him Thursday night. He had been taken from ICU to a Progressive Care Unit, 1 step below ICU.  He was feeding himself although still confused etc.

Yesterday am when I went in his room he had an oxygen mask and rebreather on. They said we started having breathing problems about 7 a.m. and that he had thrown up at 4:30 a.m.  they were going to intubate him.  Within minutes there were 10 people in his room, one jumping on the bed and they had him on his side.

Dr. said he had a bowel blockage and when he vomited he aspirated contents into his lungs.  He was on a ventilator/lifesupport and back in ICU with a short time.  Dr. said the contents were all liquid and stomach contents are acidic.  The got out a lot but the membranes of the lungs wouldbe affected. It was over 2 cups.

Very early this am his kidneys were shutting down and he had a temp and suspected sepsis. Also because his oxygen level had gone so low for several minutes brain damage was likely.

3 doctors told us he would not survive.  DH and I both have a living will and he did not want to be hooked up to machines. They removed the ventilator and he passed away within 30 minutes.

Thanks  to all of you who took  time to post.  I am numb and exhausted.

I am SO sorry!!! Bless his heart...!Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I just read your post, and I am so sorry for your loss.  May the good Lord wrap you in his arms and give you the strength to get through the difficult times ahead.  Take care friend.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine how hard it is going through this .   May God replace your pain your feeling with  peace.   So sorry for your loss🙏🏻

Regular Contributor

So very sorry to hear of the death of your husband. My best to you and your family.

Valued Contributor

Just a  note to say how sorry I am for your husbamds passing. I know that you are going through a very rough time. Iam thinking of you and wishing you rest and peace at this time. God Bless. Cathy from ma

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Praying that God will bring you comfort and peace during this difficult time. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I'm just reading this; I am so sorry for your loss.  Hopefully happy memories will help you in your grief.