Frequent Contributor

Re: DH in hospital with brain bleed....

I’m sorry too hear about your husband’s brain bleed. I had one 4 years ago. I almost died but the drs told my family that if I survived the first 48 hours I would have a good chance of recovery. It’s called a hemorrhagic stroke. Today, I am disabled due to weakness on my right side but I have all my mental faculties and a full life. I will be praying for you and your husband.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  sending your hubby healing and recovery...praying for you both!  

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending lots of caring thoughts your way.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Thanks to all for your good wishes.  He hasn't fallen so no idea why all of a sudden this happened.  He was really confused.  I am hoping once the bleed stops the confusion goes away or at least lessens. I was shocked he didn't fight me about going to hr Dr. and then the hospital. He had no other symptoms except confusion. I hope we know more about what lies ahead after the 4:00am CT scan. I am very tired but sleep is out of the question. Will update when I can.  Thanks again.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I am not reading all this.  Just got here.  You need an MRI.  You must insist he have both a CAT and an MRI.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anniedog wrote:

I’m sorry too hear about your husband’s brain bleed. I had one 4 years ago. I almost died but the drs told my family that if I survived the first 48 hours I would have a good chance of recovery. It’s called a hemorrhagic stroke. Today, I am disabled due to weakness on my right side but I have all my mental faculties and a full life. I will be praying for you and your husband.

God bless you too Anniedog!!!!!..I had a hemorrhagic stroke 26 years ago..I'm doing well...I did lose my short term memory...but at 68...I can blame it on my age..lol! It took me many months to recover..my faith made all the difference~Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Hoping for the best for your husband. It sounds like he is getting good care and will be improving daily. Take care of yourself, you're under alot of stress,too. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Prayers for your husband that they can get his bleed taken care of.  Positive vibes out to you for strength.

Regular Contributor

So sorry to hear this. Best to all.

Honored Contributor

Ask for a consultation with a neurologist and ask that the neurologist speak with the two of you before your husband leaves the hospital. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  We met with a nuerologist yesterday.  

DH is still in ICU but there is an order to move him to the level 1 step below ICU as soon as a bed is available.  He is still somewhat  confused.  My sister called today and I put her on speaker and they talked, when we hung up he knew who he talked to. But then he still couldn't say who I was.lol  they took him for a walk and he did well. Can feed himself. Time wil tell.

The hospital huge and my knee is not happy walking a country mile to and from the parking lot to his room.

I am getting a hot shower, a couple of Tylenol and hitting the sack. DD took the last 2days off.She is going to work tomorrow but she works only 5 miles from the hospital. I am riding with her early tomorrow a.m. and staying all day. She will come after work and we will visit for awhile. You are not allowed to stay in the room over night.  I know it's just sitting all day but darn it's exhausting.