Respected Contributor

Re: DH in hospital with brain bleed....

i am so sorry to hear this, and i hope you are able to take care of yourself while he heals.  prayers being said for you both.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Continued prayers for your husband and you as well. Hoping for the best outcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Thinking of you in my prayers!

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Sending prayers for both of you!  LM

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh,thank you all so much for thinking of us and sending good thoughts and prayers. He is holding his own, BP is down and he's had 4 CT scans in less than 24 hrs. No additional bleeding.

As I said last night no weakness in arms or legs, just confusion and can't get out what he wants to say.  It's weird, he knew my name this am but not who I was. He did write his name and could tell it was 11:00 but couldn't remember it was a clock. It's hit or miss on what he knows or can say,  They said it's normal.  He is in ICU because they wantto test his responses every hour.  He was asleep around noon and wouldn't respond to the nurse's commands to raise his leg etc.like he did in am. they did the 4th CT scan to double check and it was fine.   they figured he is just tired. He slept most of the afternoon between nurses and PT people coming. A speech therapist asked him to read her badge and he did, but then couldn't say where he was.

I am very tired. I fell asleep at 4:00 this am and got up 2 hours later and went back to hospital. We stayed last night til 11:00.  DD made me come home and we will go back early tomorrow am.

Thanks to all, will update when I can.   he gets out od ICU tomorrow but will go to regular rooom for another 3 or4 days.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ~ Thank you for taking the time to post.  I know you have to be beyond exhausted.  Thinking the GOOD THOUGHTS!

{{{Gentle Caring Hugs}}}Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -sending my best wishes to your husband and you for a good recovery from his brain bleed.

My dad had a brain bleed in August, 2015.  He spent five days in the hospital and then three weeks or so in rehab.

I’m sure the doctors have told you or will tell you this, but recovery from this will be peaks and valleys. The doctors told us not to expect a steady improvement with no bumps along the way. I was glad they told us that. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh The doctors have said the confusion and recovery waxes and wanes.  I'm sure it will be a long process. 

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness!  So sorry!  Sending angels to watch over you!

Related image

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Sending healing prayers and strength to your DH, you and your family.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24