Esteemed Contributor

Re: DH in hospital with brain bleed....

@CrazyKittyLvr2  You may be making some important decisions for your husband and his medical care. Please relax and get some much needed sleep. You are both safe at the hospital. The CT scan will tell the physicians more. When you see them during rounds, perhaps more answers will be available. You seem to have caught the problem immediately. My thoughts are with you and your husband for a complete recovery.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Today at lunch he was very confused and made no sense.  My first thought was a UTI.  got him into PCP and he didn't have a UTI.  Luckily he ordered CT scan of the head It showed a brain bleed.  His blood pressure high which was not normal, usually it's good. And his platlets were low also.  They wanted to get his pressure down and give him platlets. Did a more detailed scan and there was nothing alarming like aneurysm. The Dr. said it was concerning but moderately so. It wasn't a we need to rush him into surgery type bleed.He is spending the night and they will test him all night to see if he can follow directions and such. Another CT scan at 4:00 tomorrow morning and see where we stand.

He was following directions and was awake which they were happy about. He didn't remember DD's name but told them his name and our physical address.  I hope the confusion clears.

Man, it's always something.  

I had twin boys in 1993...had a terrible headache  during delivery..which was a Csection. Continued w/multiple problems w/vision, weakness, high blood pressure, in and out of consciousness. It was 3 days later when a neurologist was called in..he could see immediately that I had suffered a stroke! They did an MRI and he could see the brain bleed. I remember him telling me I would die...anyway..I'm here today!!!!!...our bodies are amazing! My boys are 26 now! Another thing..keep your husband in your prayers! My mother had a prayer group praying over me..no one had told her I'd had a stroke...she never knew! She'd been at home taking care of my 4yo!!!!! Sending prayers out for your husband!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 It sounds as though everything is going good.  Glad you reacted so quickly.  That sounds so much like a stroke.  The brain bleed is something else.  But it sounds like it's under control.  So glad for both  of you.  Please keep us up on the progress.  Sending best wishes for all.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry for all your husband and you are going through.  I certainly will be praying for you.  Is there anyone, family or friend, who is with you now?  It’s important to have someone with you to help you understand everything and to ask the right questions.  At least, that has been the experience for me and my family.  All my best wishes for your husband’s complete recovery.

Honored Contributor

I will pray for both of you. Stay strong

Respected Contributor

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Sending healing thoughts to you and your husband, I hope he had a good night.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 :  When you mentioned the platelets being low and brain bleed, I wondered if he had ITP?  I was diagnosed after bloodwork which revealed platelets of 7,000 (normal is 150,000) along with headaches, pinpoint pricks on my legs and blurry vision.  I was put in hospital because they worried about a brain bleed.  Take care of yourself during this time.  It is scary I know.  Let us know how your DH is doing.  I'm glad he is in the hospital receiving the care he needs.  Hugs!!!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I just read your post.  I join with others here on the boards to wish for you and dear husband a positive outcome.  It was good that you caught things so quickly.  Try to snatch some rest when you get a moment.

You will be kept in my thoughts and prayers.