Esteemed Contributor

DH in hospital with brain bleed....

Today at lunch he was very confused and made no sense.  My first thought was a UTI.  got him into PCP and he didn't have a UTI.  Luckily he ordered CT scan of the head It showed a brain bleed.  His blood pressure high which was not normal, usually it's good. And his platlets were low also.  They wanted to get his pressure down and give him platlets. Did a more detailed scan and there was nothing alarming like aneurysm. The Dr. said it was concerning but moderately so. It wasn't a we need to rush him into surgery type bleed.He is spending the night and they will test him all night to see if he can follow directions and such. Another CT scan at 4:00 tomorrow morning and see where we stand.

He was following directions and was awake which they were happy about. He didn't remember DD's name but told them his name and our physical address.  I hope the confusion clears.

Man, it's always something.  

Honored Contributor

Re: DH in hospital with brain bleed....

@CrazyKittyLvr2  - Prayers being sent for you and your husband.  I know it will be a very worrying time.  Try to keep positive thoughts.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I'm with you and praying!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   So sorry to hear about your DH.  Very worrying for you.  Sending prayers and hugs to you both and for a good result tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

B4AB362A-1BED-4AF7-8728-223239EC27F8.jpeg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

Honored Contributor

I hope all turns out well for you and your husband during this trying time.  Stay strong, have faith and best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Focus on the positive news that you are getting.  I will keep your husband in my prayers along with his doctors, and also for you to keep strong so he can gain strength from you.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope what I am going to tell you, which is true, will help you feel better.

My neighbor who is a very smart man began having symptoms of confusion, similar to what you describe from a fall he sustained on Fourth of July. He had gone to ER, had his face sutured where he fell (said he fell onto pavement while trimming grass near driveway).  He continued to have headaches and had repeated checks with no findings.  However, near Labor Day, he had significant confusion and fell, was taken to ER.  He had massive brain bleed.  (Not sure if the fall caused this or the bleed contributed to the fall).  He had surgery for it, not once but twice (had UTI in hospital and bleed recurred).  That was almost 2 years ago and he is doing great.  Functions normally in his business and social life.  Happy as always. Has no mental or emotional deficits. Never know anything happened.  It took him a while to grow his hair back but once that happened, you would never know he had anything wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all for your good wishes.  He hasn't fallen so no idea why all of a sudden this happened.  He was really confused.  I am hoping once the bleed stops the confusion goes away or at least lessens. I was shocked he didn't fight me about going to hr Dr. and then the hospital. He had no other symptoms except confusion. I hope we know more about what lies ahead after the 4:00am CT scan. I am very tired but sleep is out of the question. Will update when I can.  Thanks again.