Honored Contributor

Re: DH doctor appointment and diet suggested- need more info

@aroc3435 : Thank you. We are excited and looking forward to more changes and better health. I am dealing with trying to surprise DH. Family will be arriving Friday night and staying with us for three days. DH going fishing on Friday. I need to bake a birthday cake for granddaughter since it will be her birthday. Relieved that everyone will have a slice of cake and no leftovers to deal with. Not able to do any precooked meals. I have decided what I will eat when we go out to eat to stay focused. I will be excited about the fellowship with family and not the drama with food. Plus more fun and games entertaining family. I am looking forward to the day that people can see my physical changes. Your encouragement greatly appreciated. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee YOU ARE DOING WONDERFULLY WELL!! You are DECIDING how to deal with situations that are difficult for you.

Hope you and DH enjoy EVERY MINUTE of your celebration time!

Honored Contributor

@violann : Thank you. How are you doing with your issues! Praying for your success and offering encouragement for you. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Good report from my primary care doctor: He was very excited about the weight loss of 14 pounds since January visit. Blood work was good with  no issues with cholesterol or sugar. I told him what we were doing from recommendation from DH doctor. He was excited that DH making changes and very proud of my results. My doctor stressed that each individual has to find what works for them and benefit from increased positive changes that lead    to better health. The family visit was stressful but I didn’t turn to food and over eat. I didn’t lose weight during the visit but the positive result was that I didn’t gain weight. I am excited and very positive and looking forward to more goals and great results. Appreciate the positive responses and great suggestions. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

DH had appointment with the cardiologist today. She was impressed and excited about the weight loss. Good results with CT and EKG. She wanted to know what we were doing. She said everyone has to find what works for them. She indicated that she would never recommend the high fat Keto diet and use of coconut oil. Proud of positive results and doing everything slowly will help keep the weight off. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

DH had appointment with the cardiologist today. She was impressed and excited about the weight loss. Good results with CT and EKG. She wanted to know what we were doing. She said everyone has to find what works for them. She indicated that she would never recommend the high fat Keto diet and use of coconut oil. Proud of positive results and doing everything slowly will help keep the weight off. Southern Bee 

I am not surprised that a cardiologist would never recommend Keto. She knows what high fat does to the heart. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

I am not surprised that a cardiologist would never recommend Keto. She knows what high fat does to the heart. 

@mom2four0418 

Thank you for reinforcing that fact.

Any legitimate doctor, especially a cardiologist, wouldn’t recommend

a diet high in fat...nor consuming coconut oil (hope they also

encompass all oils..).  But given that, I’m stunned when I read

‘my cardiologist said....’ and then talks about the current bestseller

their ‘doctor’ advises. Heavens.