Honored Contributor

Re: DH doctor appointment and diet suggested- need more info

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Mindy D : DH had doctor appointment today. He has loss 7 pounds and me 5 which makes 11 pounds for me since the first of the year. Told today, to remain on the strick Keto- food list previously posted under message number 50. Necessary because of food addiction and cravings. Great shopping at Walmart today. Collard greens were $2.48 purchased 5. Celery $1.98 got 3. Bell pepper 86 cents each. Small produce place big basket of zucchini for $5 and big egg plants 50 cent each. Forgot tomatoes. DH happy and wiling to continue. I am very excited and positive about the future results. Thanks for all you help. Southern Bee 

WOW, WOW, WOW. This is great news. It’s a good thing you already know how to cook. Your sausage idea sounds tasty. 
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

Grocery shopping today: Normally shop Walmart but went to Publix. Wow- the cost of produce. Purchased yellow squash, tomatoes , zucchini , and asparagus, strawberries. The collards and kale did not look good. Purchased fresh basil and that was a first. Could not find the the toasted coconut milk nor the coconut sugar but purchased monk fruit sweetener- looked like brown sugar?

Purchased  the Beyond meat products and only selection was sausages and burger patties, purchased one of each to try. The Kerry butter was on sale and never tried this before . Had 3 plastic grocery bags and spent $78😲! One of our produce places very small selection and the other one recently changing ownership.Meal prep will be interesting the next couple of days. Southern Bee 

ALDIS usually has some deals on vegetables.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner : Thank you for great suggestions. Our four weeks of this strick list will end on the 26 and will be interesting to see what doctor suggestions will be. Very proud of DH. We had a lot of vegetables for lunch. DH just finished snacking on celery and he is drinking more water. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Basil, rosemary, oregano and lots of other herbs are fun and easy to grow in pots.  Mint--it's wonderful but put it in a pot or it will take over the yard!  I like spearmint best.

Some fresh herbs really perk up things.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner : Great idea. Thanks. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Sorry, I  just now saw this post. My older recumbent is a Pro Form, but a different model. My new one is a True model which was their top line when I bought it.

Not really sure what exactly is your problem, other than your leg length difference. My model has nothing red and not a lot of ways go adjust anything for a leg length differential. Handle bars up/down and rotate/seat just back and forth, and dash height a little up down. Sorry! 

My new True has many things I can adjust. Pedal height/seat for leg length/seat backrest adjusts in "degree" of slant. Some features work electronically, and those are really nice.

Hope someone can help you with this to made riding more comfortable for you.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee I was wondering if volumetric diet would work for your dh as he likes to be full feeling.Sidsmom suggested on another thread to just ear potatatos for ten days.I don’t know about the health of your dh but do you think he would be okay with that?He could have them cooked many different ways but no toppings.I think when you just eat one food you will begin to eat less from boredom and learn when you are actually hungry.No salt,sugar and fat added as they are eating triggers for most people.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Crystaltree does toss out the junk at times but mixed in there is some really good advice too.I just take what I want from each post and disregard the rest...no problem.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@brockner , I DO NOT want to hijack @SouthernBee 's thread but I have one quick question...are there any foods that boost your metabolism?

Thank you!

The best way to boost your metabolism is to move lots.I think a one mike walk three times a day would really get your calorie burn going.Take probiotics and flax to keep your digestion on target.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee I AM SO OVERJOYED FOR YOU BOTH THAT I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES. 

I’m heading to the doctor today to plan a way of managing a health issue which I KNOW will include losing weight.

It is IMPORTANT to my life, and I am pulling out the tools I used to lose my first 85, and PUTTING THEM BACK TO WORK!

DH is on the way! Now he needs to think of his “lost pound” collection when a craving or temptation hits. I wanted to tell him something- when I struggled in the past, I would tell myself that I didn’t HAVE to lose so much weight.

INSTEAD, I’d say to myself “All you have to do FOR TODAY is focus on losing JUST ONE POUND”. Somehow, when I needed to refocus, that would help me. And quickly, those single pounds added up and up and up!

I’m sure your DH will start developing his own little tricks and gimmicks.

Give that man a BIG CYBER HUG FROM ME, another traveler along the road to BETTER HEALTH!!!