Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  This story infuriates me. It looks as if the customer deliberately tried to infect DD, because of anger that she and her family were sick. Her behavior trickled down to -- who knows how many people, including you. Deliberately trying to infect someone with a dangerous illness is criminal. There have been some arrests for this type of behavior. 

I have a family friend in his 40's who is very healthy. He jogs 3-5 miles every morning and has a strict, healthy diet. He takes no meds and has A+ physicals. He appeared the picture of health. Until he didn't.

He's been vaccinated and boosted, but now has the 'milder' variant Covid. He's very sick, saying the sickest of his life. He was almost hospitalized before showing some improvement. It's wiped  him out. 

Even for those who don't require hospitalization they still could suffer long Covid -- for weeks, or months. 

This is what someone would deliberately try to infect someone else with? I'm at a loss for what I'm seeing and hearing anymore. I'm losing hope that things will ever be better again.

Best to you and daughter. I hope your DD recovers with no complications and that if you have it, that you do as well. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    I can commiserate with you as you may recall, I went through that in late October.  I'm sure I picked it up the day I went to Walgreens for my booster.  I was miserable about three days then felt better.  The worst if it was the loss of taste and smell as it took about eight week for it to get back to normal.  It was a painfully slow process.  This was before the omicron variant arrived.

I hope dd is feeling better soon and that if you have it, it's a light case.  Goodness, I hope your hubby doesn't get it.  It's hard to believe the utter stupidity of many members of the general public, isn't it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

My area of southern WV has no delivery services for grocery foods or meds.  All of our pharmacies have drive thru windows, and you can schedule pick up times for groceries at our 3 grocery stores.  And that's as good as it gets here.   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 - I do not consider it stupidity to expose others to a virus when clearly sick and infected; I consider it a callous disregard for the well-being of others.  These are the same people who send their feverish child to school after dosing them with Tylenol to reduce their fever in the hope their child can stay in school, and not at home where they would need to be cared for by the parent or caregiver.  Some people are completely self-centered/narcissistic, or they simply do not care in the slightest about others. This behavior is nothing new to me. I have seen it happen over and over again, long before this pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born    Lack of consideration for other people is epidemic in many areas of our society.  I consider that a form of ignorance and stupidity.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment