Honored Contributor

Crown Prince Smoked Baby Clams

[ Edited ]

These are the second brand of clams with a recall in a month.

https://tools.cdc.gov/podcasts/download.asp?m=316422&c=730437

Honored Contributor

Re: Crown Prince Smoked Baby Clams

The title had me wondering if smoking baby clams was a new way for royalty to get high. I had this vision of a prince rolling baby clams up in some paper and lighting them on fire as he stared blissfully out at his kingdom. Then a tabloid photographer got a photo of him smoking the baby clams and it created a new royal scandal. Goodbye Meghan, hello clam-smoking monarch! Alas, it was just a seafood recall instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The title had me wondering if smoking baby clams was a new way for royalty to get high. I had this vision of a prince rolling baby clams up in some paper and lighting them on fire as he stared blissfully out at his kingdom. Then a tabloid photographer got a photo of him smoking the baby clams and it created a new royal scandal. Goodbye Meghan, hello clam-smoking monarch! Alas, it was just a seafood recall instead.

I was thinking the same thing....lol.  is that what the rich and famous are up to now and how exactly does it work...lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....lol.  is that what the rich and famous are up to now and how exactly does it work...lol

Yeah, it was one of those thread titles that had you going, "Wait? What?" I've obviously never bought Crown Prince smoked baby clams or even heard of them before that, so it was a bit confusing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was wondering which crazy Crown Prince decides to smoke baby clams. Couldn't he think of something else to smoke?
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

or that The Royal Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Baby Clams had served the Crown Prince with a cease-and-desist.