Honored Contributor

Re: Covid virus and mysterious blood clots, strokes

@novamc1 

Saw that on the network I watch a week or so ago. Clots/some heart/kidney/liver and other serious issues. Those doctors said it was not exclusive to being a Respiratory/Pulmonary issue as first believed.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Covid virus and mysterious blood costs, strokes

@Helen852 wrote:

I have not read the article mentioned but,  did these people have underlying factors such as high cholesterol or heart conditions. 

@Helen852 

According to the doctors I saw it varied. Some did some did not.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

So many mysteries about how our bodies work -  in both positive and negative ways.

In the last 15 months (and well before we'd ever heard of the Covid virus), two of my friends landed in hospitals with blood clots in a lung.  In both cases the doctors never were able to diagnose a cause; they were able to say it had not started in a leg which is the most usual initial site.  Maybe age.  Maybe excess weight in one case.  The good news is that after hospitalization, rehab, and scripts that are likely to be forever -  both women are what I'd call recovered although not totally back to the vim and vigor they had prior to those clots.

@millieshops 

I had 2 different episodes of PE. One in 2002 the other in 2003. Spent 8 days in the hospital on Heparin IV once, and 9 days for the other.

I did not have clots(DVT) in my legs either time. My symptom was just fatigue for being so physically fit, and my Oxygen Saturation was in the mid 80 %.

From my experiences all PE is not preceded by leg pain DVT. Just letting people here know this was happening to me a decade plus before the start of this Wuhan Virus.

ETA: Read a post here so wanted to add this. At the times of my 2 PE(lung blood clots) I had NO underlying health conditions. First heart attack, with Aspiration Pneumonia, happened on July 5th, months after both bouts with PE.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think I've posted this before somewhere in this forum, but in case I haven't, here it is:

https://covid19criticalcare.com

It is a link to what some front line healthcare workers have discovered about their Covid-19 patients, and how it has affected how they treat them medically.  Many Covid-19 patients require a corticosteroid (to reduce inflammation), a blood thinner (to prevent blood clots), and ascorbic acid (which apparently works synergistically with the corticosteroid).  Covid-19 is way more than just a respiratory illness, which is why so many are not getting treatment that can help them in time.  The video, made by medical doctors, explains everything.  Too many people are dying unnecessarily, and this information needs to get out.  I hope you will share it with everyone you love. I have.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid virus and mysterious blood costs, strokes

@Helen852 wrote:

I have not read the article mentioned but,  did these people have underlying factors such as high cholesterol or heart conditions. 

This was in my newspaper this morning, and the answer is, no they did not. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

From what I understand you are more susceptible to this if you have diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure but it has happened to healthy younger people.