Honored Contributor

@Growing wrote:

It also depends on the test he had done. Those rapid tests have a high false negative rate. I had an ER doctor tell me if you test positive on the rapid test it is probably correct but if you test negative on the rapid test, it could be a false negative so wait for the longer test result to come back. 

@Growing , it's the other way around.  There is a very high false positive with a rapid test and protocol is that if you test positive on a rapid test, you are supposed to get a PCR test.

This is why I do not understand why they even bother with those rapid tests. 

Honored Contributor

I JUST found a VERY HELPFUL SECTION on the CDC website for OLDER VICTIMS of COVID.

Most of the info I've run across is confusing and contradictory. I think the temperature marker can be somewhat helpful in attempting to determine what to watch for if and when he begins to show signs of infection.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I JUST found a VERY HELPFUL SECTION on the CDC website for OLDER VICTIMS of COVID.

Most of the info I've run across is confusing and contradictory. I think the temperature marker can be somewhat helpful in attempting to determine what to watch for if and when he begins to show signs of infection.

@violann 

3 out of 4 people in my household got Covid.  None of us ran a temperature.  I checked multiple times a day every day.  The highest anyone's temp ever got was between 99-100. 

This virus is very tricky...

Honored Contributor

@happycat 

I pray he doesn't get it either!  While everyone made it through, it wasn't easy and was a long recovery.  No one had the exact same symptoms either.  DH never had a smidge of fever!

Been 4 wks now, and there are still residual effects such as fatigue, shortness of breath and cough.

My DIL has Asthma and ended up in the ER twice. Broke my heart when my 10 mos. old grandson got it...he had a high fever but recovered the quickest!

The Lord protected me so I could make SOUP and cook for them.  I always have a stocked pantry, so I was able to provide and leave it on their porches.  I know I was under quarantine, but I only was in my car and never saw anyone while delivering. 

DH and I shared an EggNog that day!  How I didn't get it, only the Lord knows.  While everyone was in the same large room, no one was hugging or really getting near each other.  The family all work from home and had been distancing, so we thought we were safe.

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby's son had it in April - thinks he got it from someone at work. He was hospitalized and very close to being put on a ventilator. He came home after about a month. Had to use oxygen. He still has symptons - tired, foggy brain, breathing.

My son (who has disabilities) got it in the fall. Thank heavens he had no severe symptons - just sounded like he had a bad cold. No fever, felt pretty good.

It really does affect everyone differently. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann 

3 out of 4 people in my household got Covid.  None of us ran a temperature.  I checked multiple times a day every day.  The highest anyone's temp ever got was between 99-100. 

@Bri369  My daughter had it and never had a fever either.

Honored Contributor

@happycat 

I am not convinced even the "experts(?)" know. With all the False/Positive Tests, and different "experts" saying different things?  My feeling is that they all are giving a Guestimate when it comes to this, and to tracing. With vaccines now being out, I don't see much sense in my taking a test.

Me personally?  Why get the test?  I plan on waiting till my number comes up to get my "shot(s)" in the arm, whenever that may be.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Covid timeline question

[ Edited ]

I had some in hospital tests which required anesthesia several months ago.

I was instructed 3 days prior to go to the hospital for

covid testing.  The results took more than a day to receive.  I asked why so long.  They said "rapid testing" is not accurate and cannot be trusted.

After I left and had the covid tests I was asked to stay in my home in a 100% quarrantine until I returned for the procedures 3 days later.  They still took my temperature again on procedure day.

There is no guarantee but the best they can do I suppose with the "unkown".  I was happy to be able to get the procedure done.

Bottom line everyone is dancing in the dark so to speak.  Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann 

Right you are, @Bri369. I KNOW when my body temperature is elevated because of HOW I FEEL.

The article I mentioned states specifically that some older people normally have temperature readings lower than 98.6°, so if their temperatures read 99+ , that IS an ELEVATED TEMPERATURE, FOR THEM.

The virus  IS FOR CERTAIN much MUCH "trickier" than the gullible are willing to concede.

Honored Contributor

My body temperature has always run low. Under 97° is closer to normal for me. If mine got too 100°, I would know it without a thermometer. Core internal temperature? Don't even remember the last time.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)