Valued Contributor

@nanny24 - I found this link very helpful when trying to figure out quarantine info.  If you scroll down the page just a little, there is a button for an isolation & exposure calculator.  I think this is ok to post since it is a government site (CDC) and nothing for sale or advertised.  

CDC Covid calculator 

Respected Contributor

The currrant standard is 5 days quarantine and then 5 days masking after day one of having symptoms.  

Respected Contributor

I don't know what is correct, but I would follow what my physician told me to do with respect to quarantine and masking. 

Esteemed Contributor

We had Covid last July. I was congested for about 4 days but tested negative. Then on day 5 I got a positive test. We never saw a doctor we just stayed home. Once we got a negative Covid test we went out. Never masked. 

Esteemed Contributor

My doctor told my sister to quarantine for five days.  She didn't mention anything about masking.  Though, here in NYC we have a lot of RSV and the Flu plus Covid.  Her symptoms were primarily a really bad head cold.

For me, personally, I wear a mask every time I go in public.  Doesn't matter where in public.  I wear the N95 when I go to my doctors office and high traffic areas.

If you're not absolutely sure how long to quarantine, go check out the CDC website to be certain.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

To be frank here, it's only a difference of three days masking between the two different doctors instructions. It's not like it's three weeks or something. Woman Frustrated

My husband and I also got Covid for the first time at Thanksgiving. And it was not what I would call mild cases. Going forward we have gone back to masking whenever we go out. My thinking is I had Covid for Thanksgiving and I'm going to do my level best not to have flu or some other virus for the new year. I've had enough!!!   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

One of my brothers has had Covid 2x; first time his only complaint was he felt "off"; no aches, pains, coughing, sniffles, just not quite himself.  2nd time one side of his nose was stuffy.  

Respected Contributor

@nanny24  Go with what your doctor advises you to do (unless you have reason not to trust their advice).

Respected Contributor

I would rather be safe than sorry. I don't want it! Not saying I couldn't get it anyway but so far so good.

I can't believe all the people that get covid and the flu. A lot of them act like no big deal because they still continue to go out without a mask. 

I'm on a world wide chat you tube channel and the people on there that have it is a ton and it seems like they've been sick forever. 

I am happy to wear a mask!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even know if I have had any varient of this virus. If I did I must have just cruised right through it. As I have said previously, I have seen my PCP/Cardiologist/Hematologist/Gastroenterologist/been an in-patient 3 different times.

Not 1 of my doctors, or any of the nurses in the hospital or doctors offices, asked me if I have had any varient of this virus. And through and during all of this, I have not been tested, or asked to be tested a single time.

I just go about my business at hand. If a mask is required, I wear one. If not, ain't no way I am going to willingly restrict my Vo2 capacity. I am an old man and have at the very least two comorbidities. Call me lucky/john/hckynut, or just nuts. Your choice.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)