Trusted Contributor

Re: Covid 19 family members or friends diagnosed? Prayers for recovery

@Mary Bailey wrote:

He just text me. He is asymptomatic. thinks it's a false positive (yes that does happen as well as false negative)

He's the polar opposite of DH who works in a hospital. DH talked to him yesterday about what he's seen. My brother didn't want to hear any of it.  Our sister is lab supervisor in the hospital. I wonder what their exchange was like.

Prayfully, he's correct and he really doesn't have it. 

Again I hope he recovers fully.  I think men don't know how to handle their own fear.  Denial is a coping mechanism for some. 

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your brother and all of his family, including you @Mary Bailey. It would be very unnerving to me if a family member had it.

Valued Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Valstybaby, I am very sad to hear about the loss of your dear mother.  Just cannot imagine all you have been through, but know that your mother is now in heaven and sending you her love.  Sincerely, Pam

Thank you. My husband passed on July 1st, 2019 from a year long battle with cancer so I am glad my mom was not in any pain. 

My dad passed on June 26th, 2019 and was buried on July 1st . Friday would have been his 90 th birthday and today would have been my parents 69 th wedding anniversary. Definitely a tough weekend for our family.  Dad died two weeks after his cancer diagnosis. He was sharp as a tack but his body failed him. Now we are trying to comfort my mom but not put her at risk for this virus. Originally from NY , we know many family and friends who have recovered from the virus. Unfortunately we lost one last week. 

Respected Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Valstybaby, I am very sad to hear about the loss of your dear mother.  Just cannot imagine all you have been through, but know that your mother is now in heaven and sending you her love.  Sincerely, Pam

Thank you. My husband passed on July 1st, 2019 from a year long battle with cancer so I am glad my mom was not in any pain. 

My dad passed on June 26th, 2019 and was buried on July 1st . Friday would have been his 90 th birthday and today would have been my parents 69 th wedding anniversary. Definitely a tough weekend for our family.  Dad died two weeks after his cancer diagnosis. He was sharp as a tack but his body failed him. Now we are trying to comfort my mom but not put her at risk for this virus. Originally from NY , we know many family and friends who have recovered from the virus. Unfortunately we lost one last week. 

So sorry to hear about your dad. Praying for you and your family

Respected Contributor

Prayers for your brothers full recovery and for you and your family.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost a cousin who died after a very long battle with cancer. She died at home and it took hours to locate a funeral home that would take her body. They kept asking if she had the virus or if she had been tested. She had not been tested because there was never a need. It was very hard for all of us; they only allowed 8 people to attend the funeral, and since she had several children, not all of them could be there. I attended the graveside and we all had to be spaced apart. Very surreal. I understand she was listed as a COVID death...and they are doing that a lot, hence the numbers going up. I know there is a two year-old who just tested positive who lives in our neighborhood but both of her parents have tested negative, so that is strange.

Honored Contributor

My cousin had it but she recovered. Shes a Hospice Nurse. Prayers to all for recovery!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

My LO was horribly ill for three weeks, and has recovered, she is 92, tiny, and tough as a pieced mutton (and brags about that!).

I will not be able to visit until there is a significant break in new cases, and I have no hopes of that, so I was thrilled that we did much better today on FaceTime.

She is very dear to me and I was heartsick for fear of losing her.

Honored Contributor

Husband just lost his fifth friend today from the virus. 

Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

I certainly hope it is a false positive!  

I hope you & your entire family remain healthy-- especially since your DH is dealing with it at work.  That must be very worrisome for you.