Esteemed Contributor

Covid 19 family members or friends diagnosed? Prayers for recovery

[ Edited ]

Just got a call my brother has it.  He didn't believe it was real. A co-worker was previously diagnosed.

When he gets sick it's usually really bad.   He's had pneumonia before.

I pray he recovers and his family doesn't get it.  I'm so sad.

Super Contributor

Re: Covid 19 family members or friends diagnosed? Prayers for recovery

A girl I work with had it.  She has been off work for FIVE weeks and she still sounds horrible.  She is in her forties.  It's nasty.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Just got a call my brother has it.  He didn't believe it was real. A co-worker was previously diagnosed.

When he gets sick it's usually really bad.   He's had pneumonia before.

I pray he recovers and his family doesn't get it.  I'm so sad.

I don't know what to say. Just send him all the healing prayers you've got. The best you can do is be there for him and support him in whatever way is possible. Everyone in the forum supports you in that as well. Heart Lots of healing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Since he didn't believe it was real he is probably not showing any symptoms.  Many people that have been tested with it have faired well, hopefully he will fall into this group.  If he isolates himself at home he will have less chance on passing it on to his family.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

Best wishes to your brother. I hope all goes well for him, and is family.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

My brother had an appointment with his psychologist yesterday, presented with a fever. Dr. is doing temp checks. Brother had no idea fever was a possible symptom. Both my sisters and I told him not to go anywhere, he said he feels fine. All three of us had to emphasize that he has no idea until he’s been tested whether he has it or not, and that if he does, he can spread it. That finally sunk in. I hope he doesn’t have it, but am beyond frustrated at how casually he’s taking it.

Super Contributor

I am with you and so are other people.  You have to know that all the info out there is not truthful.  You have to know our government has not been truthful.  We have brain cells and can think for our selves.  This is all I can say to help you in true concern.  My love to you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

Did you mean that he thought COVID19 wasn't real, ie a hoax?  Or were you saying that he couldn't believe he really has it?

In any case, sending prayers that he has an easy time of it.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@addtothis wrote:

I am with you and so are other people.  You have to know that all the info out there is not truthful.  You have to know our government has not been truthful.  We have brain cells and can think for our selves.  This is all I can say to help you in true concern.  My love to you and your family.

??????

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Prayers to your brother that he sails through and has a full recovery!

My son had a very mild case of it and his only symptoms were Covid toes (inflammation with red & bluish spots).  He had painful toes for 3 weeks...he's finally getting past it now.