Esteemed Contributor

I started taking Country Farms organic Super Greens, offering 50 organic super foods. I got the berry flavored. It's not great tasting, but it's o.k. for super foods.

Last night while watching The Find, they had a alka seltzer type super foods tablet which you inserted in water, it fizzed and disolved. It offered the same and sold for $66. for a 60 day supplied. It sold out..

Am interested to know if anyone is taking any type of Super Greens or super foods?

Honored Contributor

Re: Country Farms Super Greens

[ Edited ]

I use both Lindberg Organic Greens & Fruits Plus and Organic Reds Plus.  $24.99/23.99, respectively for about a thirty day supply.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you noticing increased energy or better skin, @geezerette. Country Farms is all natural but does use Stevia for a sweetener. No dairy.

I never could eat the amount of the real superfoods daily. For instance, three cups of broccoli. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that too - tuned in late and it was sold out before I could learn anything.  Your posting reminded me I wanted to check it out (thanks for that).  I just Googled and found their 8G website and ordered 2 tubes of the disolving tablets - $14 each plus shipping.  8G = 8 Greens

I love salads but my digestive system can't handle much - salad only twice a week, so I'm very interested in this product.  Google 8G.  Hope it works for me - and same for you.

Respected Contributor

I saw the presentation also.  I thought it was funny that the woman almost said "oh sh#t" when Shawn told her it sold out! 

I find it hart to believe that they can condense all that stuff down to one tablet.  I went back to read any reviews later, and one person left a review ... it was real odd, off-color comment.  I scrolled back up to the top to read more information on the product and all of a sudden I got kicked out, meaning the site shut right down.  So I logged back in to QVC, searched for the item and it said "not found." 

Right now I am using that vegetable protein powder they offered a couple weeks ago.  I'm trying every way I can think of to mix it with other liquids.  Not bad, but not good either. 

Honored Contributor

I looked on the 8G site to check out the label but they don't have it. Lists what's in it but I want to read the label.

I have been taking Andrew Lessman Green Foods Complex $90 for 360 capsules. His product has the ingredients listed below. Plus his is Organic.

I was going to try his Cruciferous Extracts but I'm hypothyroid & probably should not use it because of the goitrogenic properties.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1

Amount Per Serving  

Barley Grass, organic powder100 mg
Wheat Grass, organic powder100 mg
Blue-Green Algae, organic powder100 mg
Chlorella, powder100 mg
Spirulina, organic powder100 mg
† DV not established
Honored Contributor

Yes, I take a green drink every day. Cost is about $19 for this 34-day supply. This is what it has in it:

"Nutrition Facts
Serving Size:  1 Scoop (10 g)
Servings Per Container:  about 34
  Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value
(DV)
Calories10 
Total Carbohydrate2 g<1%*
      Sugars1 g
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid and acerola berry)30 mg50%
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)400 IU100%
Brown Rice Solids3,750 mg
Oat Beta Glucan500 mg
Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum cassia)85 mg
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (leaf)
(standardized to contain 95% polyphenols, 60% catechins, and 30% EGCG)
50 mg
Lutein5 mg
Lycopene250 mcg
Greens Blend
Wheat Grass (Triticum aestivum) (aerial), Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) (plant), Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) (whole algae)
2,830 mg
Fruit & Vegetable Blend
Apple Juice Powder (Malus domestica) (fruit), Carrot (Daucus carota) (root), Beet Root (Beta vulgaris), Pineapple Juice Powder (Ananas comosus) (fruit), Broccoli Extract (Brassica oleracea) (sprout) (from 20:1 extract), Apple Pectin (Malus domestica) (fruit), Orange Juice Powder (Citrus sinensis) (fruit), Peach Juice Powder (Prunus persica) (fruit), Noni (Morinda citrifolia) (fruit), Papaya (Carica papaya) (fruit), Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) (fruit), Cauliflower Extract (Brassica oleracea) (flowering head), Strawberry (Fragaria grandiflora) (fruit), Artichoke (Cynara cardunculus) (leaf), Tart Cherry (Prunus cerasus) (fruit) (from 4:1 extract), Cabbage Juice Powder (Brassica oleracea-capitata) (leaf)
2,215 mg
Phytonutrient Blend
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) (fruit) (from 50:1 extract), Bilberry (Vaccinium uliginosum) (fruit) (from 4:1 extract), Grapeseed Extract (Vitis vinifera) (standardized to contain 95% polyphenols), Blueberry Extract (Vaccinium corymbosum) (fruit), Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum) (hull) (standardized to contain 40% ellagic acid)
400 mg
Aloe Vera Blend
Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) (leaf), Aloe Vera (from 200:1 concentrate) (Aloe barbadensis) (inner gel)
90 mg
Enzyme Blend
Bromelain (from Pineapple), Papain (Papaya Enzyme), Amylase, Lipase
40 mg
Quercitin and Rutin Blend
Quercitin, Rutin
1 mg
Other Ingredients: Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana) (leaf), Citric Acid, Natural Flavor."

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Are you noticing increased energy or better skin, @geezerette. Country Farms is all natural but does use Stevia for a sweetener. No dairy.

I never could eat the amount of the real superfoods daily. For instance, three cups of broccoli. Smiley Wink

@febe1

To some degree, yes.  I had been using these for quite some time and then we decided to make our own veggie drinks so I stopped the prepared ones.  Just recently I figured that I might as well use these up since I still had several jars left.  By combining both the prepared drinks and my own concoction I could tell that I had more energy.  Not like I was ready to go out and run a marathon or anything, but some.  It does help a lot keeping me from getting sick--especially during the winter months when various viruses are going around.

What gives my energy level a boost most though, is a better diet all around. It also helps the most with keeping my skin look it's best.  It's also the hardest to do!

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  I just looked this up, as I am interested. However, when I looked at the nutritional information for the one available aon Amazon, it lists carbohydrates as 15 grams, 4 grams fiber, so net carbs of 11. 

Where do you purchase the one you have listed? 

I have to severely limit carbohydrates, and the one you have listed would be fine for me to use. 

Thank you in advance for any information.  

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@SilleeMee  I just looked this up, as I am interested. However, when I looked at the nutritional information for the one available aon Amazon, it lists carbohydrates as 15 grams, 4 grams fiber, so net carbs of 11. 

Where do you purchase the one you have listed? 

I have to severely limit carbohydrates, and the one you have listed would be fine for me to use. 

Thank you in advance for any information.  

@CatLoverDogsToo,

I buy it from pipingrock dot com. The item number is 10560. Just type it in the search box.  It's sweetened with Stevia, but if you prefer one that has no sweetness then look at item  571. Both items on sale right now, too!Woman Happy

If it matters...these are not listed as organic.