Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could you eat the same food every single day?

Modified.

We have oatmeal and blueberries with almond milk every day for breakfast. Dinner is a green salad and a piece of baguette. 

Nuts for an afternoon snack.

Lunch is a variable. It could be homemade soup or hummus and pita or chips and salsa.

Honored Contributor

I have done it many times over the years but not for 20 years.  Usually around a year for the same thing every day.   It certainly makes the shopping trips easier.  I finally get bored with it and move on to something different.  I am trying to eat something different every single night now but it is still the same item for that particular night of the week.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

For the most part, no. 

But my dinner, which is NOT my largest meal, I've been eating the same thing for months now.     It's not like a plate of food.  It's just 3 things that I like a lot and, so far, I haven't gotten bored with it.  TBH, I'm kind of surprised by that.  Smiley Happy

I could probably eat Mexican food every day, though.  Nothing hot, though.  Hot doesn't appeal to me because all it seems to do is mask the flavors.  Been craving Mexican food for a long time now and was planning to get stuff to make tacos last week, but I had to pare down my grocery list and didn't make that happen.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

Yes, these things are the best!!! Woman LOL

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have eaten the same few things in the past for health reasons. I have also eliminated things from my diet for health reasons. Now that my health is better and my diet is not so restricted, I enjoy some variety in my meals, but I also like certain foods and repeat them. I wouldn't want to eat the exact same 3 meals every day forever though. 

Honored Contributor

No wonder they are rail thin.  Yuck.  I'd try it but I know I'd stray pretty quickly.

Honored Contributor

I couldnt do that, I get bored with food easily!Cat Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

yup. lobster, steak, eggs/croissant for breakfast