Honored Contributor

Re: Could you eat the same food every single day?

NO.  

I cannot see myself eating the same food every day.

I probably should consider it.  

I probably won't do it.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my meals is virtually the same day in day out.  

For the other meal I could, with the occasional breakout meal,but my husband would not be happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

No offense meant here. I see several "I could" said in this thread. Kinda reminds of this being said from smokers, about smoking.

"Quitting smoking was easy for me, I've done it several times". 

Found this thread interesting.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

No wonder I am so fat.

Trusted Contributor

I would hate to eat the same thing everyday!  I need lots of variety.  I don't even like to eat the same thing every week!  My husband loves french toast for Sunday breakfast, with a side of sausage.  That's too repetitive for me.  If I have that 2 Sundays in a row, I won't eat it again for several months.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much do that now.....  I'm diabetic and want my weight and sugar levels to remain constant..  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I like the answers,  it sounds to me like people maybe fall in the following that would eat the same everyday:

1. Health reasons to help diabetes,  maybe not their first choice, but helps their health. 

2. Weight,  maybe to loose weight,  or maybe like Vitoria Beckham,  extreme weight management and wants to stay very slim.  

3.  Some people eat to live and just aren't normaly hungry and just eat to keep themselves going.  (I wish I was this way).

4.  It sounds like many of us live to eat and really see food as something more than nutrition for our body? We enjoy the social and emotional part of eating.  The smart ones can do it within moderation.

I am over weight and do get bored with the same foods,  I do have to loose weight and I just think it's something interesting to think about.  I think I may feel like I am depriving myself,  but I think it would be interesting to try for maybe breakfast everyday?

Honored Contributor

I think I'm going to have to.  When you find what works, you do it.  

Honored Contributor

When you find what works you do it.  Think I will, I already did 2 of my 3 meals that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I basically eat the same thing for my 11 am meal everyday- a small sandwich with meat and cheese. My afternoon snack might change, but not my sandwich.

For dinner I rotate about 15 dishes, but Friday is almost always pizza and Sunday is almost always breakfast for dinner. I only rotate because my husband likes to mix up his meals. (I don't always eat what he eats for health reasons).

Eating simply and having a 6- 8 hour eating window has allowed me to keep my weight down and I do not feel the least bit deprived. It makes shopping easier as all meals are planned and we waste very little food.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."