Honored Contributor

Re: Could you eat the same food every single day?

I could, but I don't. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I would be the last person on Earth who could eat the same food every single day. That would be no kind of life for me. Woman Sad

David Beckham laments somewhat that he can't share his passion for food with his wife per below. 

"I get quite emotional about food and wine. When I'm eating something great, I want everyone to try it," the 46-year-old former athlete told chef Ruthie Rogers on Tuesday's episode of iHeart's "River Cafe Table 4."

He continued, "Unfortunately, I'm married to someone that has eaten the same thing for the last 25 years. Since I met Victoria, she only eats grilled fish, steamed vegetables. She will very rarely deviate away from there."

In all that time, there was just one notable occasion when David said he witnessed Victoria stray from her usual menu.

"The only time she's ever probably shared something that's been on my plate was actually when she was pregnant with Harper, and it was the most amazing thing," he recalled. "It was one of my favorite evenings. I can't remember what it was, but I know she's not eaten it since."

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I saw that about Victoria Beckham.  If calories didn't matter, yes I could eat the same thing every day!  I would be happy eating some sort of pasta with red sauce every day with a salad and some Italian bread!  Or a hamburger with some nice crunchy fries and cole slaw.  

@AngelPuppy1 @Me too !  I could eat pasta every single day with a nice salad and good Italian bread!  My husband no , he likes variety .  When he's on a business trip that's what I eat 🍝🥖🥗

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry,  it I thought that was weird. I could not eat the same thing every day. 

Trusted Contributor

I do for breakfast. Non fat Greek yogurt

Esteemed Contributor

A guiding principle for me is, rather than the things I do  eat, it is a focus on what I do not (generally) eat.  It's a health issue for me.

A lot of what I eat is the same, daily.  I like it that way, or I don't suppose I would do it.

That's not to say I don't branch out from time-to-time.  I give myself some rein, and that helps it seem like I'm not restricted.  One thing I don't want to restrict is feeling good.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Not those foods listed! yuck

Contributor

I have to eat basically the same thing every day since I developed GERD. My throat swells if I eat something different. It's basically eggs, chicken and fish. I do take a multi-vitamin but heard you get better nutrition from having variety in your diet.

Trusted Contributor

Probably if I had to, but fortunately I don't and I certainly don't WANT to!  I assume that if you are doing this not for health or weight reason then you really aren't into food at all. Food and drink are one of life's pleasures for me, and variety is everything. I do rotate favorite meals regularly but I'm afraid that daily repetition would bring aversion.

Respected Contributor

@Bookplate - That is exactly how I feel.  I could limit my food choices drastically, but if I did, I would no longer be able to enjoy different foods.

So, making/eating chicken noodle soup would be out of the question even when not feeling well, if chicken noodle soup is not on your daily list of foods?  I would not like that at all. I like to alter my plant flavonoid intake by the season, too, focusing on in-season vegetables and fruits, and they all vary in availability by the season.