Respected Contributor

Re: Could you eat the same food every single day?

@mspatmac  If you put them all together it's sort of a cousin to  seafood chowder.

Respected Contributor

I could never do that.  The only thing that is the same every day is my coffee.  If I love something and eat it all the time I

start disliking it.  The only exception might be chocolate but even that is in a different form.  Variety and change is everything to me. 

Honored Contributor

I do! I'm a long time type 1 diabetic. When I find a meal or something that's good and doesn't raise my blood sugar I eat it a lot. My diet is very boring (to the average person). Same old, same old. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I saw that about Victoria Beckham.  If calories didn't matter, yes I could eat the same thing every day!  I would be happy eating some sort of pasta with red sauce every day with a salad and some Italian bread!  Or a hamburger with some nice crunchy fries and cole slaw.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I ate the same breakfast every day for the 15 years before retiring. Egg whites, yogurt, and 1 turkey sausage.  I made eggs and turkey sausage for 5 days on Sundays and put it into 5 small containers. I'd warm it up in the microwave at work. I ate yogurt mid-morning.

Lunch usually was a salad or wrap, something I could eat in my office.

Dinner was not the same every day.

Honored Contributor

Only if it was pizza!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I eat practically the same food everyday with just a little bit of variation in the seasoning/spices. But all the basic food items remain the same. My system gets really messed up when I go out to eat which I do rarely.

Respected Contributor

My husband could and more like that but certain foods do not agree with him any more. He has lots of health issues and just does not agree with his system.    I do some of that but I like a variety too.   We pretty much repeat meals.

I would rather eat at home and not into eating out any more.

Honored Contributor

I think it might be a habit of thin people who diligently control their weight.  My BFF is 75, she's been a model thin size 2/4 for the 40 years I have known her.  She eats the same 3 meals every day, even on vacations.  Even if she's in a great restaurant.  Dry whole wheat toast and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and a huge green salad with grilled fish or grilled chicken breast for lunch and again at dinner.   At weddings, she'll eat the salad and some veggies.  I have another friend who eats similarly but not as restrictive,  she eats just a handful of different foods but she eats a lot of fruit during the day.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I did EXACTLY THIS when I was losing 100 VERY UNHAPPY POUNDS in 2013.

If you are interested, Google "Eat Like A Bear". This program, which I have just run across within the last couple weeks, espouses and expands upon what I was doing then.

Although I have continued to eat One Meal A Day (OMAD) since my weight loss, I had gotten fairly sloppy about the FOODS I was eating during the pandemic, although I never gained any weight back.

So I've done a "re-start" by eliminating grain, and YEP, I can already feel the difference.

I eat a huge portion of low carb green veggies, protein (often eggs and egg whites), olive oil, unsalted nuts, and dark berries. EVERY DAY, either as a cold salad or a stir fry.

In this current life change, I've added a tablespoon or two of a good quality raw sauerkraut and a couple ounces of super sharp aged Cheddar, and a cup of yoghurt as pre-and pro- biotics.

If I lose a few pounds doing this, GREAT, but if I DON'T LOSE ANYTHING, but FEEL BETTER, ALL GOOD.