Trusted Contributor

Could you eat the same food every single day?

David Beckham was telling someone that his wife Victoria has eaten the same foods each day for the last 20 years (grilled fish and veggies).  On the "Talk"  Amanda said she has eaten the same three meals each day for a year.  I think she said avacodo toast for breakfast, smoothie for lunch and a veggie wrap for dinner)

I think this is a very interesting concept, not sure I could do it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Could you eat the same food every single day?

[ Edited ]

My aunt and I are like that.

I wonder if it's called something.I didn't know there were others out there who do this.

I know it probably seems strange,

but like we both agree, why should you eat something other than what you like everyday lol?!

Of course there have been other times when we don't eat the same thing and I think we both have gotten more diverse lately, but yeah for years the same thing(s) every day.

I also think it's comforting. A lot of people eat the same breakfast or lunch everyday.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I have been eating the same meal daily for over a year now at least. I am type 2 diabetic and after having a knee infection post knee replacement which ended with a repeat knee replacement in Sept of 2020 I started eating 3 turkey sausages, whole grain toast (1 piece) and 2 apple slices for breakfast and a stir fry of sliced yellow squash, zuchinni, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, onions and red pepper with sliced turkey sausage  sauteed in olive oil for dinner. I am now off medications and lost 40 lbs. I still love both meals. Every now and then I will have a light ceasar salad with chicken for dinner and I don't eat lunch just nibble on walnuts. 

Honored Contributor

I could do that,  but my DH likes variety.

He goes away for two weeks a year and I can eat what I want.

no breakfast, no lunch...normally fish or seafood for dinner with a green vegetable  and a salad with blue cheese dressing, a bite or two of dark bitter chocolate & unsweetened ice tea.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely could do that!

Esteemed Contributor

I am moving in this direction.

I like oatmeal for breakfast and yogurt for lunch.  I am trying to nibble on fruit in between meals.  I have lost my taste for meat and eat very little.  Fish has always been my favorite, and I love veggies oven baked with olive oil.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat the same meals every day, nor would I like to, but in addition to my supplements there are some specific foods I consume daily

Esteemed Contributor

As long as it was salmon, shrimp and ice cream

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@TurnerGal 

My wife knows without a doubt, that could easily describe me, and the way I do eat. Variety to me is a waste of time. I know what I like to eat and what works best for my body to function at it's best. Why would i change?

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I have read that people who maintain their weight eat the samething everyday.