Honored Contributor

Re: Could Alzheimers be an Infectious Disease?

@LTT1  ROFLMAO!  Reach for it girl!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Laura14

Aha! Follow the money.

@LTT1

Exactly!

I’m always championing for nutritional medicine.

A low fat, whole foods, plant based lifestyle would help SO many

but...

there’s no money in carrots...

there’s no money in potatoes...

there’s no money in chickpeas.

And what makes this really sad?

The Public is so used to paying alot of hard-earned money for

treatments, when someone comes along and just HINTS of healing

for free/low cost, the Public gets really suspicious. 

It’s not rocket science. 

People have been living without modern day ailments for centuries.

It was/is/always will be all about the food. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is much research linking Alzheimer's (as well as other diseases) to the gut microbiome.

The future of your health is strongly dependent on what's living in your gut!!!

Follow the microbiata!!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
@LTT1I have read on that. Interesting some of the things they are finding as maybes, isn't it?

The blood brain barrier is tough to cross internally BUT there is free access through sinus cavities which is why they are thinking viruses can get through aka via the nose. Ever have a cold sore which is a herpes virus? Easy access to the brain.

There is still more evidence right now that it's more about blood sugar than anything else along with the APOE gene for fat processing which is why it is so important to mind your diet when it comes to sugars and possibly saturated fat especially if you are in the 4 categories genetically.

There are definite things you can do to prevent it if you are looking.

I took care of a young man once who had a brain abscess because he had herpes sores in his nose and tried to clean them out using one of those things you flush your sinuses with, which flushed the herpes right into his sinuses then developed the brain abscesses.He was , however, immunosupressed.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@BirkiLady

Yes...here it is which I got when googling “Alzheimer’s contagious?”

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/09/alzheimer-s-protein-contagious

What I am thinking is that “they” are not speaking of contagion through sneezing, etc.

What do you think?

@LTT1  Certainly agree with you on that.  I'm still wrestling with Paragraph #5. Don't believe mental illness is spread through surgical instruments. Most people are either born with it or have symptoms of mental illness prior to surgery or are predisposed to mental illness. There was a reason for the surgery in the first place. Anything could have happened during the surgery which could damage the brain or how it functions. But that is not "mental illness" in the truest definition IMHO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

What I did read is that some types of mental illnesses found in people with prion disease might have been passed on during brain surgery or operations and contaminated instruments.

@BirkiLady

I see that what I wrote didn’t make sense unless the type of mental illness referred to in the article was a type associated with those diseases. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Now it makes more sense to me (i.e. "the patients' mental illness was caused by issues prior to the surgical procedure").  

Is that how you understand it, also?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

The instruments used in surgery are thoroughly washed and then sterialized before they are used in surgery. The extremes of cleanliness in the OR is astounding.