Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,629
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I'm wearing a pair of Costco hearing aids as I type this.  Have had them about 6 months without a problem.  I clean them everyday and recharge them overnight.  Will be taking them in for regular maintenance next month while i do my shopping.  The gentleman who performed the hearing test and fit me for the aids displays a degree in Audiology from the University of Minnesota in his cubicle.  

Super Contributor
Posts: 412
Registered: ‎12-24-2010
I totally agree but I don’t want to pay 6-7 thousand
I’m going to the original audiologist I used before and hop they’re not that expensive
Costco aids have great reviews
Super Contributor
Posts: 412
Registered: ‎12-24-2010
Thank you for sharing this
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,180
Registered: ‎11-24-2013

@deepwaterdotter Same exact experience for me. The woman who tested me, both times (when my hearing was worse and I needed an upgrade) also displays her degree.

 

I also clean the domes nightly with alcohol wipes and put them in the electronic cleaner. When I go in for maintenance and a dome change, I'm always told how clean I keep them and that not everyone does it!

 

I'm a very happy customer.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,316
Registered: ‎07-18-2013

My sister needed one hearing aid and loves the one she got from Costco.  That is all I know about them.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,991
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I'm wearing a pair of Costco hearing aids as I type this.  Have had them about 6 months without a problem.  I clean them everyday and recharge them overnight.  Will be taking them in for regular maintenance next month while i do my shopping.  The gentleman who performed the hearing test and fit me for the aids displays a degree in Audiology from the University of Minnesota in his cubicle.  


This is news to me.  Are they all doing this now?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,180
Registered: ‎11-24-2013

@JeanLouiseFinch I realize you weren't talking to me but I'm curious as to what your question meant. Who are "they" and what is it they are doing that you wondered about? I'm just curious.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,991
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Costco hearing aids

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I realize you weren't talking to me but I'm curious as to what your question meant. Who are "they" and what is it they are doing that you wondered about? I'm just curious.

 

 


@Love my grandkids  I was wondering if Costco is hiring legit degreed audiologists now at all locations.  Until now, I was under the impression that they only hired technicians.  There's a big difference.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,427
Registered: ‎12-16-2013

I have no idea why hearing aids are not covered under insurance  They are just as important as vision care, IMO.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,991
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

@Linmo wrote:

I have no idea why hearing aids are not covered under insurance  They are just as important as vision care, IMO.


Believe me, @Linmo, that's been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Insurance will cover the cost for a man who needs help to "get happy", but not to help someone hear!  Unaided hearing loss has a major negative impact on social interaction and greatly contributes to dementia.