Respected Contributor

........ Costco members

The warehouse club and health care marketplace Sesame are now teaming to offer access to a weight-loss program that includes clinically approved access to GLP-1 prescription drugs including Ozempic, Sesame said. As of April 2, Costco members can sign up for the service, which runs $179 for three months. It includes consultations with a clinician and a medically appropriate treatment program, which can include medications

Esteemed Contributor

I think that is WONDERFUL!❤ Having better access through Costco makes it more accessible, and affordable for it's members!😊 Another GREAT advantage of a Costco membership!👍 It is not for everyone, but for those who need it, and are aware of the risks and chose to use it I say it is WORTH it!👍 It sounds pretty comprehensive.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I read the info about this program.  I would think most people can get the same consultations with their PCP or a local provider for less money in person. Their insurance might cover it with a low copay.

The injectable drugs are NOT included.   $179 for three months of online consultations and a prescription to buy the drugs on your own dime is not all that great.....unless you live in the sticks have no doctors available.

You would also need lab work before starting and while on the program  which is not included in the $179. 

Honored Contributor

I don't agree with this new way of weight loss, taking medications from diabetics, but that's just my opinion.

Seems as if everyone is jumping on that bandwagon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I read the info about this program.  I would think most people can get the same consultations with their PCP or a local provider for less money in person. Their insurance might cover it with a low copay.

The injectable drugs are NOT included.   $179 for three months of online consultations and a prescription to buy the drugs on your own dime is not all that great.....unless you live in the sticks have no doctors available.

You would also need lab work before starting and while on the program  which is not included in the $179. 

I was curious about how it could be so inexpensive too.

Down in the fine print they mention that the Costco pharmacy can used for the Rx 🤣

Honored Contributor

That's great but it won't change the price of the medication.  The $179 is for medical the medical part.  The medication is still going to be  $1000 plus a month.  

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I don't agree with this new way of weight loss, taking medications from diabetics, but that's just my opinion.

Seems as if everyone is jumping on that bandwagon.

it would be nice if there was a way to distribute to both health issues, equally. I know diabetics can be in a life or death situation, if they can't get their drugs. They could also take insulin injections.

Obesity is also a serious health issue-damaging organs, etc. Obesity is close to epidemic status, so i understand their need/desire to get help with drugs.

I wonder if the FDA, is sitting on weight loss drugs, that they could fast track, like they did with covid vax.