Respected Contributor

Re: Cost of veneers on teeth

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

That price is GREAT!  I have seen great veneers and bad veneers but sounds like you have a fabulous dentist.

Just make sure they check your bite.  My uncle had to have a veneer replaced twice on one tooth as his bite was 'off' and the impact caused that one veneer to chip and crack twice in just a few years.

@Abrowneyegirl   Thanks for your input!  I will definitely make sure about the bite as my front teeth are a very tight fit to my bottom teeth as far as bite is concerned.  That is huge in how the teeth fit in your mouth.  Thanks so much for the vote of confidence.  I am still trying to come to a decision.... and will decide over the weekend. Call them Monday if I decide to do it. Smiley Happy

Yes please check.  That was exactly my Uncle's problem! His upper right front tooth was a fraction too close to the lower tooth and the impact is what caused the veneer to crack and chip. (the bottom edge of the veneer )

The veneer exasperated the problem as it makes the tooth a fraction thicker than the natural tooth.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

That price is GREAT!  I have seen great veneers and bad veneers but sounds like you have a fabulous dentist.

Just make sure they check your bite.  My uncle had to have a veneer replaced twice on one tooth as his bite was 'off' and the impact caused that one veneer to chip and crack twice in just a few years.

@Abrowneyegirl   Thanks for your input!  I will definitely make sure about the bite as my front teeth are a very tight fit to my bottom teeth as far as bite is concerned.  That is huge in how the teeth fit in your mouth.  Thanks so much for the vote of confidence.  I am still trying to come to a decision.... and will decide over the weekend. Call them Monday if I decide to do it. Smiley Happy

Yes please check.  That was exactly my Uncle's problem! His upper right front tooth was a fraction too close to the lower tooth and the impact is what caused the veneer to crack and chip. (the bottom edge of the veneer )

The veneer exasperated the problem as it makes the tooth a fraction thicker than the natural tooth.

@Abrowneyegirl  I wish I had asked my dentist about that when I was at the consultation darn it!

Valued Contributor

One day post prep and doing well.  My gums are slightly tender but not bad at all.  The temps are not terrible at all!  Feel weird like fake teeth, but less than two weeks and I'll be set with my perms!  Dentist just called and went over everything he did with me, even though he went over everything yesterday with my husband and me, I was a little out of it as I did take something to relax me a bit.  Your price is a good ONE, ABOUT what I'm paying - he did give me a $2000.00 discount as we didn't finance, paid cash and the second part will be due when perms are on.  

Honored Contributor

My husband paid this for 7 upper teeth capped....$9,000 and insurance would not pay a cent.  He is bracing for bottom 7 need to be done.  Eighteen thousand+....criminal that insurance won't pay anything, especially if you knew the backstory of incompetent dental work that we had already paid with another dentist.  Insurance would only pay for dentures....he didn't want them.  He is really happy with the work done.

Your price seems ballpark, especially if you know you are getting quality work. Enjoy your new smile!

Honored Contributor

Interesting comments.   For anyone who's curious, here's an article  from UCLA school of dentistry.

https://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/patient-care/how-become-patient

Valued Contributor

Curious what Op dcided?  My perms in four days!  Ready for temps to be gone, but all in all not as bad as antipated. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifi1 wrote:

One day post prep and doing well.  My gums are slightly tender but not bad at all.  The temps are not terrible at all!  Feel weird like fake teeth, but less than two weeks and I'll be set with my perms!  Dentist just called and went over everything he did with me, even though he went over everything yesterday with my husband and me, I was a little out of it as I did take something to relax me a bit.  Your price is a good ONE, ABOUT what I'm paying - he did give me a $2000.00 discount as we didn't finance, paid cash and the second part will be due when perms are on.  

@Fifi1    Thank you so much for your input. I will ask about paying in full with a check and see if they will give me a discount. Will not hurt to ask.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Fifi1 wrote:

@Fifi1    Thank you so much for your input. I will ask about paying in full with a check and see if they will give me a discount. Will not hurt to ask.

It cant!  It did smart a bit to part withh $5500 the first appt, and now will have do same this week!  Im excited to see my new smile!  The temps look good and people dont even know these are fake, but i sure do!  Let us know what you decide!  Ill post thursday night and let you know what i think when they are "installed"!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   We paid in full...got a minimal discount.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Just wondering if OP made any decisions?

I had my permanent Veneers placed last Thursday and couldn't be more pleased!  They are perfect, not too white just right!  WHen I looked at my itemized bill it was about $1100/tooth and he did give us the $2000 discount for paying upfront (1/2 at prep - 1/2 at final) - the $1100/tooth price reflects the discount.  My teeth had become so transparent and thin, I'm just really happy with the result - looks like my smile only way better!  I'd love to do the bottem, but they really don't show when I smile or talk or have the issues I experienced with the top ones.