Honored Contributor

Hi, Sillie, my bondings are done to fill in my gaps between teeth,  but my DH has gum recession and had bonding done quite a few times to cover the recession, so I am not understanding what your dentist told you. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Idk. Maybe I need to go to another dentist and see what they say.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Idk. Maybe I need to go to another dentist and see what they say.

Maybe so, my DH has a mouthful of bonding in the recessed areas. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I will be going for a consultation with my prosthodontist and want to ask him about crowning my 4 front teeth in addition to the other work that needs to be done.

For those of you who have had your upper front teeth crowned, what was the process to determine the best size and shape? I really want to have this done but am afraid that I won't like the end result.

@LuvSoCal 

The size and shape of the crowns are determined by how they will fit which is mostly done by electronic scanning or by a dental impression. The bite is the most important part b/c you don't want them either too small or too big. Once placed onto your existing teeth, crowns may sometimes need minor adjustments (actual reshaping while inside your mouth) but not always. One of my crowns did not fit right and had to be removed and replaced with another. That did not cost me anything more in my case. 

@SilleeMee @Thanks so much for the info! I can visualize that, and now I know what to expect.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cosmetic Dental WorkUpdate

Update. I had it done on all my uppers. (Crowns) I already had 3crowns and 3 implants so those were basically done.
Step#1 Made a mold of my teeth 3 wks ago

Step#2 The temporary teeth came in (one piece) My teeth were prepped, lots and lots of drilling and the temp teeth were put on.    Step#3 I went back 2 days later to check my bite and teeth. More drilling to fit and feel comfortable. Step#4 I went back today for check up and to make changes. I wasn't completely happy with certain teeth( shape and size.) It's part of the process to make certain everything is the way I want it. It's like a sculptor shaping  and chiseling. Step#5 I'll go back on the 18th and they'll do the final mold.
Step#6 Appointment to get my new teeth!
I hope this explains the procedure for anyone considering doing it. It's certainly more involved than I thought but looks so good.