Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had cosmetic dental work done and are you happy with the results? Any complications or advise for me? I'm having my upper teeth done in the morning and I'm excited and nervous and anxious at the same time. 
@SeaMaiden did you ever decide to have yours done. I remember you were considering it before Covid. 

Respected Contributor

can you be a little more specific about what you are having done. just to say its cosmetic is  pretty broad.

Honored Contributor

I've had several zirconium implant crowns put in plus I'm having all of my upper front teeth crowned. At first I thought I could just have veneers but my dentist says crowns are a better option for me. So now I'm waiting for my crowns to get here. 

Implant crowns are different b/c the implant part has to heal first. Takes forever but they are fantastic. My front teeth, otoh, will still be mine but with crowns on top of them. 

Respected Contributor

I had all my teeth capped or had new permanent bridge work.  This was about 15 years ago and it was the best investment I ever made.  My teeth looked awful and I always wanted to have beautiful teeth.  This was my DH's gift to me when he asked me if I could have anything I wanted I said beautiful teeth.  Love them! and no I did not get the chiclet white but a more natural shade.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals   We do too!

^^^^^^^

=^..^= 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I had to have my "dog tooth" removed due to a root that was fused in the middle instead of having two separate roots.  Dad had the same issue.  

We both had an implant done.

Honored Contributor

Husband had Invisalign's then veneers over #8 & 9 (the top two in the center).  They've lasted many years (10+), and he's happy with them.

I've got several crowns on my top fronts, teeth #6-11, also 10+ years.  I'm happy with them.

Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry not being specific. I'm having crowns on my upper teeth. I already have 3 implants and I believe 3 crowns. The crowns that are there weren't done very well. It's been several years but they don't all match in size and color. She will be preparing my teeth tomorrow and I'll wear the temporary set for 3 weeks to make sure the teeth are fitted perfectly and she can make any adjustments necessary. Then I will get the permanent teeth. Hope that makes sense. She's very experienced in this and has done this many times. Speaking with her she seems to take pride in her work and has no problem with having teeth redone if she's not happy with the tooth. I had a call in to her assistant Thursday or Friday. I didn't get a call back and imagine my shock when she called me Saturday. Never heard of that before. I could tell she was on the road but she insisted I wasn't bothering her. I'm just feeling anxious I guess and I was hoping to get other feedback. Thank you

Honored Contributor

@Loves Purple 

All of my dental work has been done to restore lost teeth and serious recession. Just before I turned 50 I had all my natural teeth, including all four wisdom teeth, and never had a cavity or filling in my entire life. For all intents and purposes I had perfect teeth. Then I got an autoimmune disease (scleroderma) and all of that changed. It caused terrible gum recession and I lost many teeth. 

I'm 67 now and I'm finally getting my teeth restored and replaced. There is still the possibility that more teeth will fall out with this disease I have but I'm taking it one step and one day at a time.

Good luck to you for your upcoming dental work. It's always a treat for me whenever I see an improved smile...one that I haven't seen on me for a long time but I'm working on it.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee What happens while the implant in healing and how long does that take? How "uncomfortable"is that time period?  I've never talked to someone who had one.  At least in a setting where I could ask!  Woman EmbarassedWoman Wink