Esteemed Contributor

Copper Compression Sleeves/Gloves....Hype?????

Do those things actually work?

Or are they a waste of money?

Have there been double-blind studies to see if the copper compression actually works, or is it the placebo effect?

Thoughts?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Copper Compression Sleeves/Gloves....Hype?????

Due to carpal tunnel issues, I need support for my hands at night.  I have quality medical braces, paid for by my insurance, that do work.   

I don’t recommend anything else, because I don’t buy into the copper healing theory.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819  I think the copper hype is just that. Another way to separate the gullible from their money.

Skeptical me doubts the makers of this stuff do a double blind study and I also think it's the placebo effect.

Honored Contributor

Consumer Reports has this to say about it :

"What You Need to Know About Copper Compression Sleeves and Pain Relief
There's little evidence to support manufacturer claims about copper-infused garments"

https://www.consumerreports.org/exercise-fitness/copper-compression-sleeves-and-pain-relief/

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I can't speak to the copper bit but those gloves are very well made and do feel good and reduce stiffness and pain because of the compression.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @SilleeMee 

I purchased the brand of copper socks “Tommy Copper” and saw no benetits. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Looking at it from a scientific pov, the copper part of the garment would really only be beneficial as antibacterial feature where that would help keep the stink away. But as far as anything other than that, it's not been proven. 

Compression garments have their place and that part has been shown to work scientifically/medically.

Honored Contributor

I have an elbow sleeve from TC that is ok but not great. I also have a compression arm sleeve and glove, by rx, for my mild lymphedema, that is more of what I need and use. The copper thing is all hype and if you need a basic compression than there are others out there that are prob cheaper and do a better job.