Regular Contributor

Re: Connective Tissue Disorders

Update - My ANA test was VERY positive.  I'm waiting for an appt with Rheumatology.  My "rash" is still on my fingers.

My PCP, who has consulted with the Rheumatologist, is thinking it's related to the Moderna Covid Vaccine.

In looking at pics of "Covid Toes and Fingers", this is what my "rash" looks like.

ANd, in doing some research, "rashes" are more prevalent than origianlly reported.

Thank you everyone for your stories.  I wish all of you well.

To be continued........

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I  was diagnosed with scleroderma almost twenty years ago. It has affected almost everything in and on my body, not to mention the emotional and psychological effects which have also happened to me.

Scleroderma means 'hard skin'. But it is more than just an autoimmune skin disorder. It involves everything which has connective tissue....and that's almost everything.

I have heart valve, lung and kidney involvement. Malnutrition and low vitamin levels from malabsorption issues. Incontinence (comes and goes) with both #1 and #2. My hands are permanently in fists where my fingers can't move and cutting my nails has become a huge problem...my rheumy suggested I get my nails permanently removed. I have chronic joint pain everywhere, my neck especially. I have dental problems....lost 6 teeth and gums have receded so much that now I need work done. I have extreme hair loss. My skin is so tight in areas, including my face, that it hurts and itches all the time. 

There's more. I know! I sound like a complete mess but that's what it is. It's taken a long  time to get along with living and there were times I thought I couldn't do it any more. But I'm still here and doing okay. Smiley Happy

My goodness, @SilleeMee .  I know you have scleroderma, but not being familiar with all that entails, I had no idea that you have so many trials with this.  Your posts are always so upbeat and helpful.  I know you didn't post this to garner pity, but I will add you to my prayers.  Daily challenges are exhausting and you seem to be doing everything possible to make your days and future better. You go girl!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@hick wrote:

Update - My ANA test was VERY positive.  I'm waiting for an appt with Rheumatology.  My "rash" is still on my fingers.

My PCP, who has consulted with the Rheumatologist, is thinking it's related to the Moderna Covid Vaccine.

In looking at pics of "Covid Toes and Fingers", this is what my "rash" looks like.

ANd, in doing some research, "rashes" are more prevalent than origianlly reported.

Thank you everyone for your stories.  I wish all of you well.

To be continued........

@hick I am glad to hear that things are moving forward toward finding an answer and hopefully a solution to what you are going through.  All the best....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@hick - Thank you for your update.  I hope that your treatment team can help you to recover fully, and that what you are experiencing will be only temporary in nature.