Honored Contributor

Re: Concerns About Medical Practices When Prescribing Medications

If you tell a dr you will not take a med they prescribe which they deem important for your care, they will stamp your chart"noncompliant" and you will indeed need to find another dr.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If you tell a dr you will not take a med they prescribe which they deem important for your care, they will stamp your chart"noncompliant" and you will indeed need to find another dr.

@lovesrecess wrote:

If you can't say to your doctor - Well, listen Doc , heres the thing ... and if you have reasonable issues he should consider your POV - if he doesn't , you need a different doctor. For instance my doctor didn't know what to order for my back after I fell down the steps, so he ordered 6 weeks of PT. I said Listen , doc , my co pay for each PT session is $50. So these 18 sessions you ordered  are going to cost me $900.My question to you is  Am I going to get $900 worth of benefit from it. He thought and said No, then ripped up the Rx. My experience with doctors is they are usually reasonable if you are reasonable. However, if you just approach them all the time with a bad negative attitude - that's what you'll get right back from them.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess

And if you are non-compliant, you SHOULD find another MD .... do not waste any physician's time, ...  as well as your own!