Honored Contributor

If this is an elective appointment, I would postpone it and reschedule.

Honored Contributor

Namealreadytaken: Yes! I was going to say the same. I've 'put off' med office folks who kept insisting that I come in for a yearly exam. So finally I said/asked 'why would I come into your office right in the middle of strong flu season when I can wait until it's over in a couple of months'...........So they stopped calling. lol...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Don't forget to use a sanitizer wipe to wipe mom's arm after her blood pressure is taken. We don't know who has sneezed, etc. on it in the individual examining room(s).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Also, the grocery store is full of germs. The carts of course, but everything people touch and put back like fruits and veggies or cans... you touch them and it passes to you. Always wash your hands when you get home before you touch all your cabinets and door handles and countertops.

Avoid large crowds if you can. I too never touch a thing at a dr's office, even the arms on the chair I'm sitting on.

You can't avoid people sneezing or coughing without covering their face. You can walk into that anywhere. People used to laugh at celebrities wearing surgical type masks, but there is some wisdom in that if you don't mind how it looks.

Honored Contributor

Yes, DARING..........Think of all of the folks handling, picking through/choosing fruits and vegs, etc. And some even sample grapes right there at the store.

Honored Contributor

Daring and all: What do you think of my idea of a slight swab of antibiotic ointment on the very edge of our nostrils before going to the doc's office......?

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/2/2015 namealreadytaken said:

If this is an elective appointment, I would postpone it and reschedule.

Absolutely..its not worth the risk!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Contributor
I have been sick since Monday morning. And I was thinking, " retired in July, flu shot in Sept., always washing hands, should not have to worry this year about flu. I have combo flu/ sinus inf. went to dr. Cough, body aches horrible, I have asthma so a little scary. Feel worse today than whole time. I was at functions last weekend where people came sick. REALLY???? Bad enough people are inconsiderate in workplace & stores. I would say to overreaact!
Esteemed Contributor

People in Japan are wearing surgical masks now to protect themselves.

I think masks and gloves are an excellent idea when in crowded areas. Who cares what it looks like.

I'm going to be especially mindful through February. Hibernation. LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
On 1/3/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

Daring and all: What do you think of my idea of a slight swab of antibiotic ointment on the very edge of our nostrils before going to the doc's office......?

ROMARY, I don't think it's a good idea, it may not be the best thing for those delicate tissues.

Also, antibiotics are to fight bacteria, and the cold and flu are viruses.

It would do nothing to prevent a virus.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices