Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado county to start blood testing all residents for CV

@CelticCrafter wrote:

What are they going to do, go door to door?

I don't live in Colorado, have nothing to hide but unless they had a court order it's not happening.

I'm sure it's done on a volunteer basis and it's a free test offered by their county health. Some people who volunteer will be doing it for the greater good while others want to know for personal reasons. Either way the data will be very valuable and it can help us get back to work.

Honored Contributor

Hi @SilleeMee 

Is this county 1 of the higher ones testing positive for the virus? I've had so many 100's of blood draws I would gladly do this. If nothing else it helps whatever study they may be doing. That's my take on this anyways. Thanks for the info I like hearing about anything that might help slow down this virus, and to me anything the Health Workers can learn is a good thing

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would definitely comply, I think it is great to try and get accurate statistics. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hi @SilleeMee 

Is this county 1 of the higher ones testing positive for the virus? I've had so many 100's of blood draws I would gladly do this. If nothing else it helps whatever study they may be doing. That's my take on this anyways. Thanks for the info I like hearing about anything that might help slow down this virus, and to me anything the Health Workers can learn is a good thing

hckynut

@hckynut 

San Miguel County does not appear to have many cases of COVID-19. I don't know exactly why that county is involved with the new blood testing. But they are the first to do it. I'm sure there will be others to follow.

Honored Contributor

I would gladly give blood if it would help to put an end to this deadly virus. Here in New York, we are the epi-center of this dread disease and we really need to get a handle on it.

Regular Contributor

@Pook 

Besides the reasons others have already mentioned, the worry is that once they have your DNA, it doesn't belong to you anymore, it belongs to the agency/govt body that took it.  Lots of info in your DNA and Heaven only knows what they can do with it after they get it. When you think about it, what do you own outright? Your DNA. 

As a side bar: I don't know how to clone animals or people.  But if Barbra Streisand's dogs can be cloned  (Vogue Magazine) what can they do with people's DNA?  I don't know.

I see a lot of  "constitutional crisis" with this virus.  Even though martial law has not been formally declared, we are definitely in one.  I know I will be called a conspiracy theorist but look at what we can/can't do--no free speech (you know, misinformation.  Who decides that? And who is watching them? Kills all debate/discussion.), gun sales banned, no right to assembly whether you want to go to church or peacefully protest, can't drive--unless you have permission. Not allowed to work, need permission for the state.  Are you essential?  In some states you get to have paperwork to go to the store, etc. (May I see your papers please?)

I'm not trying to scare people more but wakey, wakey America.  Nothing I have stated is incorrect. Source: Bill of Rights.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I would gladly give blood if it would help to put an end to this deadly virus. Here in New York, we are the epi-center of this dread disease and we really need to get a handle on it.

Exactly @Trinity11 .

If the new data can provide proof of someone's 'infection-free' status then that can help determine whether they can go back to work or not. As it stands now, the swab test is not going to allow for that and it requires multiple tests to confirm a negative status which is still not a 100% guarantee that a person is without virus.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

How are they going to distinguish the active cases from those who have had a mild case and recovered?  I thought antibodies stuck around for a while (or longer) after we recover from an illness. So if the virus has indeed been circulating in the population for some months before we were aware of it, there would be people walking around with antibodies who are no longer infective. Did they say haw they would handle this?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SilleeMee 

How are they going to distinguish the active cases from those who have had a mild case and recovered?  I thought antibodies stuck around for a while (or longer) after we recover from an illness. So if the virus has indeed been circulating in the population for some months before we were aware of it, there would be people walking around with antibodies who are no longer infective. Did they say haw they would handle this?

@shoesnbags 

I believe that kind of data will be worth it's weight in gold. In other words, the new data will reveal past and present infections and not just of the sick population but of everyone who gets the blood test. The new data will help determine immunity status and for how long and how strong that immunity can last. The data will need much analyzing but all in all it will be much more useful than what we are using now with swab tests.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I would definitely comply, I think is great to try and get accurate statistics. 

So would I, in a heartbeat.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson