Regular Contributor

Re: Colorado county to start blood testing all residents for CV

@SilleeMee 

In short, the bigger picture I'm talking about is giving up civil liberties in the exchange of a temporary promise of security. 

I work in the legal field, I'm a bit jaded.  Sometimes things that aren't suppose to happen and what does happen are 2 different things.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, the last I read, your daughter had not been tested.  Was she in fact tested for Covid-19 and was tested positive?

Honored Contributor

I said that she called the Dr who'd just done a physical on her.

He (or she) said it wasn't necessary for her to come in and use up a kit that she definitely (based on fever, headache, very tightness in chest and whatever else) she definitely had the virus.

She has not left the house since.  She's still in quarantine.  But she definitely has the virus, they just did not want to waste the test kits.  Since she'd just been in his office he was familiar with her and how (ordinarily) she is very healthy.

As I understand it, the 2 people she was with those past 4 days was tested and did have the virus.  Her boyfriend has some of the same issues but was not affected as much as she was.

My daughter has Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.  That's probably ONE reason she was affected more than the boyfriend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @Wow, that’s crazy a doctor wouldn’t test her when she was symptomatic.  That’s the time when one is usually tested.  

Honored Contributor

I would have it done, voluntarily.  No problem 

Frequent Contributor

I am from Colorado and proud that a county in our state is doing this. Please take the time to be responsibly informed without becoming alarmist, cynical, paranoid or panicked. 

"The goal of this is to show you can predictably get an entire county back to its new normal as quickly as possible by using testing," said Lou Reese, co-CEO of United Biomedical and its COVAXX subsidiary.  Reese stressed that, if successful, the testing program could be expanded, "starting at the hot-spot areas right now to solve this problem, stop the panic and get people to their lives and back to work."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/antibody-testing-colorado-town-provide-forward/story?id=69856623

Also, the testing is completely voluntary. No governmental agency is forcing anyone to do anything.

https://www.sanmiguelcountyco.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=489

"

Trusted Contributor

I caught a few minutes of Dr. Agus on CBS Saturday show. He was speaking on this testing. He did say it will be available across the country soon.

I will take it when it comes to PA. I want to know.

I am not a doctor, but I think I may have had it at the end of September.

I had gone to Jury Duty on a Monday, Tuesday I woke up with a terrible dry painful cough. Wednesday the cough was worse, also now had a headache and fever. I was able to get an appt at my doctors office. The PA said it was a sinus infection. As I was heading to the checkout I was so weak I had to sit down. I asked if they could get my husband. It was all I could do to get to the car.

A few hours later the shortness of breath started. I could not catch my breath at all.

That is the scariest feeling. My husband called an ambulance.

They admitted me to the hospital. I was told the next day the tests showed it was a cold and I was put in a private room. I could not go home until I could walk around the hospital without oxygen. Which I was able to do on Friday.

With that being said I really would like to take the test to see if it could determine if I had it.

Thank you for the information @SilleeMee         

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have a problem with it, myself. I'd kind of like to know if I did have it awhile back, when I didn't feel well for a few days.