Honored Contributor

Colorado county to start blood testing all residents for CV

[ Edited ]

San Miguel County, in SW Colorado, is starting to blood test all of their residents in their county. This blood test is checking for antibodies to the coronavirus. It will provide their community with a better and more precise and accurate picture of the virus within their county. The eyes of other health professionals are watching this closely. 

The town of Telluride is located in that county. 

The County Health Dept is offering the test for free there. No mention of it being mandatory, at least as far as I can tell. I really don't think they can force it legally.

Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado county to start blood testing all residents for CV

@SilleeMee Mandatory?  Blood tests?  Not swabs?  What--are they going house to house?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SilleeMee Mandatory?  Blood tests?  Not swabs?  What--are they going house to house?

@Sooner 

The FDA has just approved the new blood test.  No swabs. Blood is taken and is examined for the presence of antibodies to the cv. I have no knowledge about how they plan on testing all of their residents. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    That's a really bad idea as blood tests are too intrusive.  There is all sorts of information that can be determined from a blood test.  That would be a resounding "NO" from me.  They've got some nosy county government.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would rather have swaps, if i lived there ,hate blood tests.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

It's against the law for anyone to use your 'body parts' for research, or anything else, w/o your written consent.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would rather have swaps, if i lived there ,hate blood tests.

@goldensrbest 

The swab test is not accurate. It does not, in no way, prove that you are without virus. The blood test is an antibody test which is solid proof of whether or not you have the virus or if you'bve ever been exposed to it. 

Respected Contributor

No, no, no.

Honored Contributor

I would have no issue with it and using it to get stats and info on this pandemic.  It's not being nosy and intrusive - the antibodies will tell so much about this in order to know how many actually have it and whether they are likely now immune to it.  Just as so many selfishly don't stay home and out of crowds, not wanting to help prevent this and get more info is equally selfish!  Why wouldn't anyone want to know if they have the  antibodies for their own peace of mind.  What evil intentions do some think there are??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What are they going to do, go door to door?

I don't live in Colorado, have nothing to hide but unless they had a court order it's not happening.