Contributor

I am wondering if anyone might have any knowledge of this situation. My 78 year old Mom has been having constant diarrhea for more than a month now. At the time it began she also had a sinus infection and was given an antibiotic for that and antidiarrhea meds. She ended up being allergic to the antibiotic and broke out into an awful, rust colored rash! Dr. would not schedule a colonoscopy until she recovered from the allergic reaction. Her colonoscopy is on Thurs. so she will begin her prep tomorrow. She has continued to have to go to the bathroom frequently every single day. She is worried that even the prep will not get her cleaned out enough for the test. Is this possible? I know there is a smorgasbord of reasons she has this diarrhea-from something simple to colon cancer. She was diagnosed with IBS many, many years ago but has not had any flare ups in years. Anyone have any words of wisdom or encourgement about all this? She is my Mom so I am extremely concerned. I would appreciate prayers for her too! Thanks, and God bless you.