Honored Contributor

I have floaters in both eyes. Happened one night around three years ago while out on a ranch for a BBQ. The first thing I noticed was that I was using my hands to swat away what I thought were fireflies! ha! People asked me what I was doing. I said: "Don't you see those fireflies? They're all over me." No one else did. It happened that fast, no warning. I was having a wonderful time that evening, so who knows what caused it.

My doctor said they would settle down to the bottom of the eye and not be that noticeable. But they didn't.

On my own, I have been taking a product called Can-C Cataract Eye Drops, not because I have cataracts, but one of the things the company says the drops can do is help with floaters. The main thing the drops are supposed to do is enhance free radical protection and improve reduction of the oxidative environment in the eye.

I've been taking it at least six months, probably longer. I notice that the floaters are not that bad anymore, but still there. I intend to continue with the product and "see" what happens. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you World Traveler---I will look into those drops----I can't imagine looking thru this cobweb forever!!!!!!  You info is good to know---again, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@pietook It is sold by Wise Choice Medicine; 800/861-4936. Just know, though, that it is not a quick fix.

One day on a health program, there was someone who stated this product helped him and completely got rid of his floaters. Don't know how bad they were before using the product or how long it took, but I know it was not fast.

What I have found is that the bigger floaters are not noticeable anymore. I hope that the smaller "cobweb" hazy look goes away too.

Honored Contributor

OP, If you notice a sudden change in your vision don't just Google it, go to the doctor! And, no, floaters never just "go away", your vision adjusts to having them. 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Oh my----sure hope they go away!  Although, my dr. --- and I have also researched---say that gravity will pull them down out of the line of vision!  Hope that is my case!

Honored Contributor

@pietook Just curious......anything new on your floaters and how you are dealing with it?

Valued Contributor

You need to see an eye doctor . Some floaters are just black spots and are usually nothing . I don't know about "Cobweb" floaters so I think you need to see an opthamologist.

cathy from ma

v

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler see post #20.

Honored Contributor

@twinkies I think the "cobweb" floaters are like what I was having trouble with.....kind of like a spider web; if that makes sense. ha!

But mine have diminished quite a bit.

Trusted Contributor

please go to your eyue dr pronto.  i just had a detached retina and i had it again two week after the first opertion.  it is sriousand you can loose your eye sight.