Regular Contributor

Re: Coach K, now there's a classy guy!

On 1/25/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/25/2015 brewhaha said:
On 1/25/2015 baileysue said:

Who is Coach K?

Mike Krzyzewski.

Congratulations on his 1,000th win. A class act indeed.

Pat Summitt still leads with 1,098 wins. She coached at Tennessee.

And where was THAT in the news every five minutes? UGh... I hate all the hoopla around college male-dominated sports.

Valued Contributor

Great guy -- and coach!
Trusted Contributor

Do bad coach k lost! He made a terrible decision on a very important play. He should watch and learn congrats pats!
Trusted Contributor

Sorry wrong coach
Esteemed Contributor

Are we talking Coach Carroll? He is a good guy but the Hawks throwing the first punch after the interception did not demonstrate good sportsmanship...it was still within the Hawks reach with Brady backed into the end zone, tho slim....with the penalty, for unsportsmanlike conduct, that sealed their fate. Carroll made a decision based on confidence in Wilson which is not a bad call. Wilson is phenomenal but they were playing the Pats who never give up and play every point. The Pats and Brady wanted this win because of the controversy and Brady had personnel goals; he is still great but probably will retire soon....maybe one more SB? But, no matter how you feel about Brady, he is one of the best and fun to watch....and is a classy guy
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 acim said:
On 1/25/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/25/2015 brewhaha said:
On 1/25/2015 baileysue said:

Who is Coach K?

Mike Krzyzewski.

Congratulations on his 1,000th win. A class act indeed.

Pat Summitt still leads with 1,098 wins. She coached at Tennessee.

And where was THAT in the news every five minutes? UGh... I hate all the hoopla around college male-dominated sports.

Well, it is what is is. Like it or not, 'male dominated sports', because they're a huge draw, bring in a significant portion of the revenue to help fund other sports...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 stray770 said: Are we talking Coach Carroll? He is a good guy but the Hawks throwing the first punch after the interception did not demonstrate good sportsmanship...it was still within the Hawks reach with Brady backed into the end zone, tho slim....with the penalty, for unsportsmanlike conduct, that sealed their fate. Carroll made a decision based on confidence in Wilson which is not a bad call. Wilson is phenomenal but they were playing the Pats who never give up and play every point. The Pats and Brady wanted this win because of the controversy and Brady had personnel goals; he is still great but probably will retire soon....maybe one more SB? But, no matter how you feel about Brady, he is one of the best and fun to watch....and is a classy guy
No neither head coach last night would get that compliment from me. Carroll left USC because he was about to get busted for his illegal recruiting and then Belichik , well we know what he did a couple yrs ago and now the recent allegations. I am talking about the Duke men's basketball coach.
Esteemed Contributor

My family met Coach K and his staff years ago, he is a caring, sensitive man. He truly loves those boys and coaching, it shows. Yes, he is a class act.

Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 colliegirls said:

My family met Coach K and his staff years ago, he is a caring, sensitive man. He truly loves those boys and coaching, it shows. Yes, he is a class act.

He is the man you feel great about leaving your son with. He's a great man. I'm not a duke fan, but he's just classy!
Valued Contributor

Hey, The Pats head coach is what he is and he has given us our 4th Championship, he may not smile and be the happy good looking coach, but he delivers!